Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Helicopter Tour Grand Canyon

It's well worth the cost for a flight over the canyon, take the longest flight you can. When I did it I sat up front with the pilot, a better view from there for taking pictures. It's a very different perspective from above, someday I'll float down the river for that view.

Rich

We took a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon from Vegas last March. It was fantastic. You see the "strip" from the air, Hoover dam, Lake Las Vegas, and of course the canyon from a lot of angles. We had a champagne and snacks when we landed in the canyon. The name of the tour company was Maverick. They take off from McCarren airport. (It was strange to hover along the taxi way lift off at the end of the runway) It was an unforgettable time for my wife and I.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Looks like for this trip we will take the 50 minute flight with Maverick departing from the Grand Canyon Airport.

The 3 Gun Nats are in Las Vegas later this year and the sunset tour from McCarren will get the nod then.

Thanks again.

Patrick

• 4 weeks later...

Update FWIW

Ended up taking the 4 hour "sunset flight".

We were picked up at 3:30pm from our hotel and returned around 8:30pm

I could not, I repeat, could not be more happy about the experience!!!

Our pilot was the "outlaw" of the group that took off from McCarran.

We flew lower and "motocrossed" close too, up, over and around the Canyon and adjacent

areas.

His music choices were in sync with the flight and his communications with us about the sights

around us were very good.

We landed at a spot down in the Canyon and imbibed on a little bubbly and "horse-duvers"

The views of the area were spectacular and I was especially impressed with the aerial perspective

of Hoover Dam. ( my day job is that of a hydro power plant operator)

I highly recommend Maverick Helicopters and the Sunset Tour in particular.

Enjoy

Patrick