Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ER

outerlimits

It's been that way for a while. To me the ER is place to be avoided short of true of real hardcore emergencies. For everything else make an emergency appointment with your doctor.

The quickest way to get service at the ER is,

A. Be Leaking, profusely is best, but not so much you fall over.

B. Have appendages pointing directions they are not suppossed to be.

C. Fall over as you walk in the door or sit down quietly and fall out of the chair, this is probably the best if you just go in on your own, but be careful the floor is not soft and spongy, you get injuries that just confuse the crew.

D. Vomit as you walk (stagger) in the door, ensure you have not been drinking as you go to the back of the room real fast.

E. Come in on you back with Paramedic pushing the trolley and calling loudly for help.

F. E + A + B + helmet on trolley in two pieces. Then D everywhere.

Tried them all. Don't really care to repeat anytime soon.

my trip tothe ER i made the head ofthe line by saying i had chest pains and shortness of breath, im pretty sure i went ahead of the left amputee...

yeah lots of people using it as primary care and probably getting it done for free.....sucks....me??? im private pay and they look at me like some sort of periah....

The quickest way to get service at the ER is,

A. Be Leaking, profusely is best, but not so much you fall over.

B. Have appendages pointing directions they are not suppossed to be.

C. Fall over as you walk in the door or sit down quietly and fall out of the chair, this is probably the best if you just go in on your own, but be careful the floor is not soft and spongy, you get injuries that just confuse the crew.

D. Vomit as you walk (stagger) in the door, ensure you have not been drinking as you go to the back of the room real fast.

E. Come in on you back with Paramedic pushing the trolley and calling loudly for help.

F. E + A + B + helmet on trolley in two pieces. Then D everywhere.

Tried them all. Don't really care to repeat anytime soon.

I read A, then just started laughing, hahaha.

from personal experience, if you walk in with a knife hole in your upper leg and blood coming out of the bandage and running down your leg, you get pretty quick service :mellow:

Yeah, It really is bad that the fastest I ever got in was either still in my nomex from the LSU or holding an severed thumb together with paper towels wrapped around it <_< .

I really dislike the feeling that I get after taking someone else in and have to wait in the lobby :sick: .

If it is bad enough for the ER, it is bad enough for an LSU to take the patient.

Have done A and taken friends in with D that became C. All depends on the ER (most like to be called ED's now...They are a "department" not a "room") and how busy they are.

I've also done shifts in ED's that ranged from boredom-ville to "it's been 10 hours already? But I just got here!" busy.

I prefer the latter when I am doing a shift but the former when I am the patient.