Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gunsmither?

lukipsc

Hi guys,

I would like to know, who is the most famoust gunsmither in your country, but gunsmither, who built gun for competition, especially to IPSC to Standart divizion.

If you have their web site a will pleasure.

Thanks to everybody for answer.

lukipsc,

the situation here in the US is totally different from where you are. There are tons of good gunsmiths, and tons of bad ones, too. I would say that there surely is no *most famous* and no *best* IPSC gunsmith in the US. Although we could probably come up with 20 or 30 names that we would recomend.

From personal experience, I'll second Eddie Jimenea, and will add Richard Heinie and Tom Kilhoffer (both in IL) to the list. Tom is more famous for his revolver work than for the also outstanding 1911 work.

--Detlef

John Garand, or Jim Clark, possibly Captain Johnson whom Eugene Stoner got his ideas from. Greatest living?? the one and only Mr. Modest....Benny Hill. Outstanding smith, outstanding shooter, and outstanding friend! KURT

Luk.. Don't see many Bul guns in this area - USPSA Area 4. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen one used by any shooter I know. I am sure that some of the listed gunsmiths would build you a Standard Division gun - but - I don't think that there is much demand for Standard Type guns in the US.

My .02

Yes; I'm happy to say I've got one of his (Dave Stagg's) guns - Caspian 9mm Government. It's wonderful; I love it. It made me switch from Glocks (with which I had enjoyed great success) to the 1911.

What in particular can I tell you about the guy and/or his work?