Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Problem

rupie

i have a SJC 9mm open glock, which is new to me and although I have owned a lot of glocks my trouble shooting skills are limited. what it is doing is not re cocking. So I shoot a few and when I start to pull the trigger again sometimes there is no resistance as in its not cocked. I pull the slide to the slide to the rear far enough to cock it and pull the trigger and it shoots. My trigger is the lightest trigger I have ever felt on a glock but I need to fix this. What is going on that my gun isn't cocking all of the time?

Edited by rupie

Could be not enough punch in the ammo dept. Or, a little to much recoil spring. Not fully cycling the slide. Are you using the right ammo/recoil spring combo? SJC guns run minor and major loads great. But they depend on the right spring and ammo.

Jim

Edited by Jman

i am using the supplied spring for major, it is shooting 1350 fps and there is plenty on bang and cycling. Ejection is good. So I dont think is is the slide not moving enough but I dont really understand the glock cycle enough to figure out why it doesn't cock all of the time.

The cruciform of the trigger bar engages the striker during the slides forward motion. Very small contact area with critical angles. If it's my gun I'm contacting the builder for a cure. http://www.glockjockey.com/about.html That's one area I won't touch on my Glocks. John and Steave are great people to deal with.

Jim

Step 2: Call SJC.....

If rounds are extracting/ejecting/feeding, then there's some kind of engagement issue --- or the gun's getting close to doubling....

Had the same issue with my SJC open gun in 07, called SJC and sent it to them.

Problem solved.

I am having the same problem with a gun I put together. I used a ccf frame and slide and they fit realy well together (tight). I thought I had too much recoil spring. Then I thought maybe the firing pin was sliping off the trigger bar if the slide and frame fit was loose but it isn't. The gun will fire a few rounds, eject the brass, load another round but the trigger isn't reset. Everytime I cycle the gun by hand the trigger will reset. I still wonder if I run some hotter ammo, (still below or at major pf) that will solve the problem.

Rupie please post what you find out.

Thanks

If rounds are extracting/ejecting/feeding, then there's some kind of engagement issue --- or the gun's getting close to doubling....

Problem solved.

Did they tell you what the problem was?

Problem solved.

It did double on me today i will call them monday

Problem solved.

It did double on me today i will call them monday

Oops... didn't see this until after I posted. If it is doubling on you then it is most likely an engagement issue, or it could be both.

Edited by dsmw5142

Have you detail stripped the gun? Usually, when a trigger is not resetting consistently, it is a broken trigger spring. Easy fix.

I would still check this. It initially sounded to me like a broken trigger spring. If so, it could have wedged the back of the trigger bar up and you got a double from it. It's easy enough to check, and if the problem, easy enough to fix.

The cruciform of the trigger bar engages the striker during the slides forward motion. Very small contact area with critical angles. If it's my gun I'm contacting the builder for a cure. http://www.glockjockey.com/about.html That's one area I won't touch on my Glocks. John and Steave are great people to deal with.

Jim

I am betting this is where your problem is. Years ago, before anyone was doing Glock trigger jobs, I was trying to tweek my trigger and actually had a mag dump (read.. full auto) out of my G19. I took that trigger bar out and destroyed it and started over with a fresh new one.

Let us know what you find out from SJC.

Failure to reset. Doesn't sound load related. It will likely be in the guts of the trigger work.

Note: I am going to move this to the Glock section, as it seems to be more Glock related than Open related. - Admin.

Jim

This or connector issue.