Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Life span of a CV-2001

Mine lasted almost 3 years before the motor went out. I went with this larger model after my small Dillon broke after 9 years because I heard it has a more durable motor. I don't see too many threads about people having problems with this model so I'm thinking I just got a lemon. How long has yours lasted?

i've got 3 year and about 110K cartridges cleaned through mine with no problems, but i'm expecting (hoping?) for much more before any motor service required. not sure what the service life is of the brushes, curious to know if anyone's got any feedback on that?

-jaredr

Got one year with 4 Cv 2001's and well over a million rounds.

man, i need to get out to the range more... either you're running a commercial business or i seriously need to find that emoticon for "envy":goof:

The new sealed bearing motors in both the 500 and 2001 tumblers are the best motors Dillon's ever had in their tumblers.

be

When you say "new", how new are we talking about?

New as in sometime in November 2008 on the CV-500(renamed CV-750 to distinguish), and February 2009 on the CV-2001.

Thanks for the info. If I brought it to Dillon for repair, would the replacement be this newer motor?

I don't know much about motors but I decided to open it up since I thought it was toast and see what makes it tic. I found out one of the bearings was bad. I got a replacement bearing from a local motor repair shop and it works just fine now. The bearing costs $10.

• 2 weeks later...

My original 2001 had the motor replaced shortly after I bought it, under warrenty. The replace motor was not the one they are installing now. This one is about 4 years old and has a cooling fan just inside the motor case and the bottom of the motor case is open for ventilation. I don't think this motor is currently being used because a friend has just bought a 2001 and his motor is not like mine. His is completely sealed.

Mine had a little bearing squeel a few days ago so I called Dillon. They want 99.95 for a complete rebuild. I was going to ship it to them but when I had it upside down I noticed the lower bearing was exposed. I filled the little sucker with grease and have had no more problems with it.