Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for shoot near Tampa

caz41

Going to be in Tampa area visiting relatives on the dates specified. Are there any clubs in the area that have any matches open to the public to shoot? Thanks.

Yes there are many close by. The closest is the Wyoming Antelope Club in Pinellas Park/Clearwater. It is about 15 min from Tampa international airport. There is the Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof. It is not too far from Tampa. Here is a site for the Antelope club. We have matches every Tuesday and Friday. We have 2 weekend matches every month including a classifier. There is a IDPA and steel challenge match monthly.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

http://www.wacactionshooting.com/

P.S. This weekend the WAC is hosting the 2010 Florida IDPA State match.

Edited by jkatz44

All matches open to the public

Friday March 5 - Friday night match at WAC. USPSA, 3 stages, starts at 6:30pm

Saturday March 6 - USPSA match in Titusville. Sanctioned 5 or 6 stages. About 2 hours from Tampa

Saturday March 6 - Steel Match at Hansen Range in Punta Gorda. About 2 hours from Tampa

Sunday March 7 - USPSA match in Ruskin. Sanctioned 6 stages. About 40 minutes from Tampa

Sunday March 7 - USPSA match in Punta Gorda. Sanctioned 5 stages. About 2 hours from Tampa

Tuesday March 9 - Tuesday night match at WAC. USPSA, 5 stages, starts at 6:30pm

www.wacactionshooting.com

www.titusvillegun.com

www.swfps.com

www.tbspc.org

Yes open to the public. Usually 4/5 stages on tuesday and 3/4 on friday. Don't overlook action shotgun match on thursday night, and check the saturday/sunday schedule too! :cheers:

You could actually shoot probably every night except Monday and Wednesday, some form of USPSA, IPSC, steel, 2-gun/multigun match all within a 45 minute drive in the Tampa Bay area! :cheers:

Thanks guys I will have to try and see what I can make it to. If I shot at all of them, I think that the wife would be going home on the 11th, and I would be living under a bridge somewhere.

We will actually be north of Tampa like 50 miles. Tarpon Springs/Holiday area, so I will have to see which of those works best.