Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Custom with 10 lb da pull

Alwaystryin

Just got a brand new Shadow Custom. It has a test target stating the trigger pull is 9.6 DA and 3.6 SA.

On my trigger gauge its even about a half pound more on both.

Is this really the great custom trigger job everybody gushes about? I think its crap and would hate to feel a factory trigger pull.

Can any other Shadow custom owners confirm their trigger pulls?

Edit to add: Rob is taking care of it, its a spring thing. Great service from CZ Custom.

Edited by Alwaystryin

I would call and double check with Rob or Angus.

a fully tricked out CZ is capable of a 5#-5.5#DA and 1.75-2#SA

not sure what CZ Custom aims for might be around 6#DA and 2.5#SA

but 9#-10# is more like straight from the factory.

I think a trigger job is an added feature. The Custom Shadow is distinct from standard SP01's in that it does not have a firing pin block. I spoke to Rob about ordering an SP01 and I think it was about a $160 quote for trigger job. However, I can't quite remember.

Edited by 1973

I think a trigger job is an added feature. The Custom Shadow is distinct from standard SP01's in that it does not have a firing pin block.

The SP-01 Shadow is a separate model; it does not have a FPB, and cannot have one installed. It also features a every-so-slightly higher beavertail cut and different sights than other CZs. It is CZs made-for-Production gun.

The Shadow Custom is a Shadow with a workover by CZCustom. It is offered as a package (or "standard item") due to the specific demand for a pre-tuned Production gun.

Glad they are gonna fix it. Word of advice.....Be careful with the trigger. I had about 4 "legal" AD's with it on single action when I first got it. My shooting partner has had them too. Now we are both safe. Its touchy.