Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Call I Got Today

JimmyZip

Today, a busy one for a change thankfully, I recieved a call from my wife about learning to shoot. She said she wants to learn to shoot every gun in our home well. (Some I'm not exactly great with.) Seems she said she wanted to know how they operate, and how to use them good enough to hit something all the time. (Do I tell her I miss sometimes too?)

I don't know what got into her but I think it was progressive. I asked her about it a few years ago when I came back to the sport. Then, I mentioned it last year as I was getting the girls out with the 10/22.

Today, she called and I said sure, I'd just loaded up 400 rounds of 9mm and would be happy to take her out this weekend.

This should be interesting.

JZ

P.S. Sounds like the ammo expenditure is going to go up really soon now. :devil:

Today, a busy one for a change thankfully, I recieved a call from my wife about learning to shoot. She said she wants to learn to shoot every gun in our home well. (Some I'm not exactly great with.) Seems she said she wanted to know how they operate, and how to use them good enough to hit something all the time.

Did you leave the seat up again?

That's awesome. My wife's never been much of a shooter (even that is an overstatement). So, I'll never forget sitting in the hospital with her holding our newborn son, she says "I need to learn to shoot. I need to know how to protect him." Done and Done! (I knew she'd come around eventually.)

I think it has something to do with society and the way times are changing. My wife asked me to get her carry license last week and when I aksed her why now she said that she sees to much bad stuff on the news. I agree and I am going to get her carry license ASAP!