Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LaRue SPR or SPR-E for 3 gun?

Tattoo

Hey all,

Anyone have an option on a LaRue SPR or SPR-E for a 3 gun scope mount? I also wondered if anyone had ever used the

shims for a 30mm mount that allow you to use a 1" scope? I only have a Weaver 1" scope now, but may upgrade it

to a 30mm scope later. I don't want to have to spend $200 twice. Thanks.

T

Edited by Tattoo

I have an accupoint TR21 and TR24 and both are mounted in the SPR-E mounts. With the eye relief on the TR21 the SPR-E is mandatory to give you some flexibity on where you want to mount the rifle with your cheek. LaRue recommends the standard SPR with the TR24 so I tried it. I sent the SPR back and traded it out for the SPR-E because I could mount the TR24 farther back in the mount and set it farther back on the top of the uppers rail. In the future I will only be buying the SPR-E. If toylike to have your nose touching the charging handle you will probably be better off with the extended mount.

The downside to the SPR-E is that it's slightly heavier. It also allows you to put the optic so far forward that the gun can start to feel front end heavy.

Edited by jtischauser

Hey all,

Anyone have an option on a LaRue SPR or SPR-E for a 3 gun scope mount? I also wondered if anyone had ever used the

shims for a 30mm mount that allow you to use a 1" scope? I only have a Weaver 1" scope now, but may upgrade it

to a 30mm scope later. I don't want to have to spend $200 twice. Thanks.

T

I use a Meopta and prefer an SPR but I know some who prefer SPR-E's.

As far as the rings go you can get 25 mm ( 1 inch), 30 mm, or 34 mm rings from Larue so no need to buy another full mount when you change; just buy as new set of rings. I dont remember the exact cost, but I believe it was under $50 including shipping.

Robert

L2723

I just ordered a SPR for a Leupold VX-3 1.5-5x and am probably going to exchange it for a SPR-E. I typically shoot NTCH and with the scope all the way forward in the SPR it is a little iffy in the eye relief department at 1.5 power.

Mark