Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

180gr Moly Major and Minor Loads w/Unique, Bullsey or HS6

USCSBarney

Finally have a quality reloader and was looking for some Major and Minor loads for 180gr Molly's (Bear Creek in my case). The only powders I know I can get in bulk are Unique, Bullseye, HS6 and probably Power Pistol. OAL's would be appreciated in the mix. Thanks in advance.

I cast my own 180's, there not molly coated . 4 gr. Bullseye for plate shooting , 4.6 bullseye was around 170 pf out of my Para. I went down to 3.5 bullseye for production in my 40 Beretta.

Brent

Gun is a stock (5.3") barreled Glock model G35 (40 S&W)

5.0 grains Unique

180 grain Black moly lead Flat Point.

Winchester SPP

Mixed range brass

OAL 1.131

~170 PF

Unique is great with bear or moly coated lead bullets.

Have not used HS6 or Power Pistol so can't help there.

Haven't loaded any Bullseye .44 Special target loads since ~1980 :)

But I do remember how great they worked in my Ruger Super Blackhawk

and a 4" S&W Model 29. :cheers:

This data might be dangerous if you don't confirm

your loads using modern Reloading Manuals. You have

those...right? ;)

Jim

Edited by Jman

My new 550 seems to be dropping odd charges but they vary between 4.9 and 5.2 so I am within Jman's range with Unique. Mine are running a bit longer but only by about 3 to 4 thousandths. The guns they will go out of are a Custom 1911 by Fusion and a Custom 2011 by Fusion (though it is being tested in an STI Tactical). Will be heading to the range tomorrow night after work to practice some and test out the loads. I don't have a chrono so everyones help is much appreciated. Will have to hunt down a Chrono before any major matches but for local ones I am not too worried as long at they function and am within the range of other's success.

Any more recepies would be greatly appreciated. As I need to get more powder soon, I am looking for the most popular with the best results. I use HS6 in my 9mm but you have to use more grains per charge. Not enough to make me stop but Unique and Bullseye have never let me down in the past.

Thanks guys.

• 10 months later...

My minor load is 4.3gr of Bullseye with 180gr Bayou Bullets, OAL of 1.13.

I also like 4.3gr of Red Dot with the same bullet and OAL.

I've got Power Pistol and HS-6 on hand to try when I run out of Red Dot. I got a bunch of Red Dot cheap and decided to try it in 40 and I have no complaints with it. I like it better than the Bullseye load.

• 4 months later...