Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Vs Standard

Vince Pinto

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the motivation for IPSC to want to get rid of the USPSA Limited Division?

If IPSC is looking to find ways to get the two organizations "on the same page", why doesn't it spend its energies trying to bridge the differences between IPSC and USPSA's Open, Production, and Revolver Divisions. That would be a much easier task, and a sign of good faith, also. Maybe then we can take a look at Modified, Limited, and L10.

Thank you all for your input.

If you gentleman are representative of the average USPSA shooter, and I truly believe you are, then I hereby withdraw my proposal.

I've been totally on the wrong track now, for over two years, but I can see the light, and the future, more clearly.

Thank you again.

Vince,

Welcome to America. We were founded on the idea of no limits. You are totally correct in the fact that there is about a snowballs chance in July that USPSA would ever go for a box restriction. Why not have IPSC dump the box? There are some aspects of both sets of rules which would beenfit the shooters. Why not take the best of both and combine them. This sport was concieved to find the guns and gear that best solve a problem. The founders used everything from 1911's to SAA. I don't think that SAA will fit in a box.

Vince, Why not just improve on your proposal insted of nixing it?  I think it may have some merit if you make some changes.  "but I can see the light, and the future, more clearly."  What do you think the future  is?

(Edited by Jon Merricks at 9:32 pm on Jan. 17, 2003)