Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buckeye Challenge

The Miami Rifle and Pistol club will be hosting a level 1 trophy match on May 22nd and 23rd. We will have 8 stages (+ chrono) with a 200+ round count.

Now before you folks start wondering about the level 1 status, let me explain. We get a lot of new shooters at MRPC and most of them have never even considered attending a major match. Our goal is to give newer shooters the chance to experience what a level 2 or 3 match is like without thinking they need to be able to shoot like a Master in order to participate and enjoy. Keeping this match a level 1 will allow those who are not USPSA members to join in the fun. Our club is also running 2 beginners courses for our members in March and April with a classifier match also at the end of April. The hope is that at the end of May we will have 50 new USPSA members who are classified and who have a good idea what a major match is like.

Now that I have explained all of that I hope you folks will see what we are attempting to accomplish here. There is just one thing more we need to make this thing work......and that is you!

We are looking for RO's and CRO's (local if at all possible) to help with the match.

We only have slots for 108 shooters on Sunday. We will send out e-mail confirmations once you are pre-registered.

Buckeye Challengepdf1.pdf

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting a lot of good help for the match. We have most pre-match items taken care of and are just waiting for more people to sign up. If this match is a success we will be more likely to get our boards permission to do this again in the future. Maybe even a state match.

I will try to get the stages posted as soon as I figure out how to do it. Man I hate computers!!!!! Just when you think you are doing ok with them "BAM!" a new operating system.

If you are anywhere near this neck of the woods don't miss this match. MRPC is a nice facility and puts on great matches. You won't be sorry you signed up for this one.

Besides, Dan is the new head honcho for USPSA here so lets overload him with apps and see if he can keep up. :devil:

Edited by Sarge

Mr Moore I would love to put you up the night but I think my 3 kids would kill you before morning.

As a way to spread the love we will be having one of the local Boy Scout troops cooking the lunch for you. $5.00 from every entry fee will go to the Boy Scouts.

if someone can put me up for the night to keep the cost down i might consider traveling down from michigan.

You are welcome to be a guest in our home. I am just off 75 north of the 275 loop. I'm about 40 minutes from the range and you can even ride over with me.

PM me if you are interested.

Only one teenager left and she will most likely be somewhere else as usual. We'll stick you in the basement with the 52" and surround sound.

Edited by Sarge

Looking at putting a group of 5 or 6 of us together to come shoot this. After being squadded with Dan at A5 last year I'm expecting either 1 or 2 no-shoot targets... or... one H**L of a LOT of them! :cheers:

Looking at putting a group of 5 or 6 of us together to come shoot this. After being squadded with Dan at A5 last year I'm expecting either 1 or 2 no-shoot targets... or... one H**L of a LOT of them! :cheers:

I'd like to make the trip down for this one.

Aaron

We will have enough of them. :roflol:

Got a few more applications yesterday. Get your friends together and post those apps. Remember, because this is a Level 1 match you can bring non-USPSA members. We will get them out for a match, get them hooked and then you will have more friends to split the cost going to other major matches. I know I'm evil. :devil:

Edited by dcarter

You Evil? Don't you know everybody associates you with halos?

I'm a police officer not a priest. I most certainly have an evil side!

More applications are rolling in and I would love to see more. Keep'em coming.

You Evil? Don't you know everybody associates you with halos?

I'm a police officer not a priest. I most certainly have an evil side!

More applications are rolling in and I would love to see more. Keep'em coming.

I have it printed out and filled out. I just have to wait and see how well my busy spring goes.

I am sending out my app tomorrow along with my brothers. How will the squadding be set up? There are at least 7 of us coming down from NE Ohio.

Thanks,

Al

I am going to try to squad people per request. If you have someone you want to squad with just write your request at the bottom of the sign up form. I will do my best to honor your request. Glad to hear you're coming down to see us. See you in May.

DJ