Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Mississippi Classic

We had a great time and look forward to next year! And I can't tell you how "Window Licker" got his name...

"Special Ed...."

If I'm not mistaken that name came from Randy (Michelle Willis' youngest son) @ a local match about a year ago! For those of you who don't know Michelle, she is Rodney May's sister who worked stage 3 with her dad.

I would also like to thank John and the rest of the staff, competitors and sponsers who make this match what it is. This was my first RO job at a major match and boy was it FUN! I was one of the one's sweating like a pig on stage 5. I got my exercise this weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. I would also like to thank Kevin "DOC" Martin for all the advice for a new RO.

See you all next year!

Jimmy C

Edited by msshooter

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Above all, I like going places and hanging out with USPSA/IPSC shooters, but this weekend was outstanding. Between the squad I was on (#1! The Supper Squad) and the stages, I haven’t had that much fun in a real long time. All the other folks I got to see and meet were icing on the cake.

Bobby (kgunz11) made a great observation to me at the match, basically saying how the stages “flowed comfortably” (I don't think those were his exact words but it captured the gist for me).

You could choose your speed and risk factor on most/all but the Classifier and the Standards. Very freestyle, and very fun. If I was willing to take the chance there was hardly anything that made me move choppy or fidgity. There were lots of chances to be bold and run-n-gun. That, and the ego-bettin' we were doing between various members of our squad, put who won what class or division elsewhere in the match in the back seat for me. The battles were right there amongst us and they went back and forth. **No offense meant to the class or division winners. I'm sorry you weren’t lucky enough to shoot with us, but, better luck next time...

:lol:

Next time I see an ad for something that claims to “Fun and Exciting”, I won’t be able to help comparing it to this match. And nowhere else I know of yet has Chicken-On-A-Stick (batter-dipped, staked, and fried with pickles and onions). Make all the jokes you want to about hardening of the arteries, but that stuff is good!

This was better than going to a good county fair. Make no mistake.....I like a good county fair.

Mark, it was good to see you and Brian (Boz1911) at the match again this year. We will try and make it better next year, and if you think you can come up with a stage that you would like to submit, send it to me and I will put it up to the match committee.

I hope you will spread the word to the other shooters over in your neck of the woods as to what they can expect when they come to see us. Just remind them to get their entry in early.

See you next year. :cheers:

I need to add one thing: Bwana Six- Gun - you are a great RO teacher and mentor!

Thanks Ed, but it was a pleasure working with you the last two years on a stage. Next year it is YOYO time. If you don"t know what that means, it's "You'r on your own". You can handle a stage by yourself. You are ready.

See you on the range.

post-7294-127411021608_thumb.jpg

Squad 1 had to be one of the most enjoyable squads I've ever shot with. cheers.gif There was hardly a moment without laughter for two days.roflol.gif

Match was great, thanks to all the staff!!

Thanks to the sponors who donated so generously!!

Was all of that laughter at or with Teddy? :-)

Yesroflol.gif

I must say, I had a great time this past weekend. I shot REAL bad on several stages, made some mental errors but also did pretty well on a few and ended up taking 2nd B Class Production and 7th Production.

I also finally lucked out on a prize table. First big match I went to was random but I didn't get much, second two weren't and I got some "okay" stuff but I hit it big this time. :cheers: :cheers:

27879_394044096692_546841692_4265152_1426298_n.jpg

27879_394044056692_546841692_4265149_2084281_n.jpg

Big THANKS AND CONGRATS to Big John H. for putting on a fun and well run match. There were so many match details that went very well enough for everyone to have a real good time. I sure did. The RO's were all very helpful and fiendly and I felt this was one match I NEED to shoot every year. I was (work)stressed coming into the match and totally laid back Saturday and Sunday PM. Thanks for everything you do Magnolia R&P, John and all the unnamed volunteers.

Racine

Big THANKS AND CONGRATS to Big John H. for putting on a fun and well run match. There were so many match details that went very well enough for everyone to have a real good time. I sure did. The RO's were all very helpful and fiendly and I felt this was one match I NEED to shoot every year. I was (work)stressed coming into the match and totally laid back Saturday and Sunday PM. Thanks for everything you do Magnolia R&P, John and all the unnamed volunteers.

Racine

Yeah, you really have to watch those "fiendly" RO's :roflol: . Sorry, I just couldn't help myself, but I agree with your post. This is a great and exceptionally well-run match, and the match workers, including RO's and everyone else, make it a pleasure to shoot.

Edited by chemepharmd

Yeah, you really have to watch those "fiendly" RO's :roflol: . Sorry, I just couldn't help myself, but I agree with your post. This is a great and exceptionally well-run match, and the match workers, including RO's and everyone else, make it a pleasure to shoot.

Pun intended but not derogatory ; ^) Glad you enjoyed it as well.

I am glad you guys had a great match....however I'm sooo jealous :wacko: . I had to bow out at the last minute because of court obligations :ph34r: . I was looking very forward to my first trip back to Mississippi in many years. You can bet I will be on the list early next year. :cheers:. Thanks, John, for your understanding.