Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low cost Gen3s

Wideload

Now that the new and improved Gen4s are making its way into the marketplace, how long will it be before the next flood of Gen3 LE trade-ins will become available?

Thinking of building an inexpensive Limited gun on a Gen 3 model 22 if their prices drop to gen2 level.

Now that the new and improved Gen4s are making its way into the marketplace, how long will it be before the next flood of Gen3 LE trade-ins will become available?

Thinking of building an inexpensive Limited gun on a Gen 3 model 22 if their prices drop to gen2 level.

I would not think any time soon, the old Gen. 2 Glocks are too high compared to a NIB Glock.

I would not think any time soon, the old Gen. 2 Glocks are too high compared to a NIB Glock.

One can always hope....

And yes, I will be checking Summit Gun Brokers regularly to see if he gets some at an attractive price.

They are already out there. I was just at my gunsmiths yesterday, and he was showing me Gen. 3 LE trade-in G22's going for $349 with 3 mags. :)

You just have to know where to look.

I doubt we will see a big rush by LE to convert to the Gen 4's.

While the adjustable back strap is handy for those with smaller hands, I don't know how many agencies will totally swap out just for that factor.

I would think it might be done on an officer by officer basis.

I have found that 2nd Gen Glocks are still way cheaper in this area than 3rd Gen Glocks. A local shop bought a full pallet of LEO trade-in G22s and G23s. I love the older, no finger-groove models and bought one of each that were in great shape. Typical police trades, perfect inside and some mild finish wear on the outside. I think you will be in for a long wait to get 3rd Gen Glocks that cheap, especially since the local police here only recently let go of their 2nd Gen pistols.

I want a glock for $250, where do I go to get that deal

No doubt! I paid $325 and thought that was a steal.

Hey, where did you get one for $325 (in case the $250 deal falls through). :)

Kiesler's Police Supply in Jeffersonville, IN. It's been a while since I've been in there, but they still had some the last time.

Kiesler's Police Supply in Jeffersonville, IN. It's been a while since I've been in there, but they still had some the last time.

Kiesler's Police Supply deals only with LE and Military. No civilian sales or sales to FFL's.

Still out of luck. Gotta keep hoping for those $250 Glocks!

Bill

Kiesler's Police Supply deals only with LE and Military. No civilian sales or sales to FFL's.

Still out of luck. Gotta keep hoping for those $250 Glocks!

Bill

Kiesler's has a walk-in store that is rather large that sells to all comers. The Orion Arms Co. (I think) bought them and runs like 3 businesses. The retail store number (I think) is 812-284-GUNS. It's been several months since I bought the 2nd Gen G22, but I definitely remember it was $325 with two mags. I bought a 2nd Gen G23 a little later that cost a few more bucks and had only one mag. Both were perfect inside and had finish wear on the slide. The night sights were totally dead.

Edited by Five of Clubs

• 2 weeks later...