Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Came across this safe yesterday

entropic

Especially if she's still sleeping when you need to get something from the safe. :(

:roflol: Good point... That would probably happen every Saturday and Sunday morning. I'd have to put it in the guest bedroom. I don't think I'd want to be sleeping on top of all my dirty guns that reek of powder, solvent and lubricants anyways.

Edited by entropic

I seem to recall the developer of this safe idea called in about last year on the Guntalk radio show (hosted by TOm Gresham) last year. Thought it was a neat idea for those that have limited space. Would make a good second safe for those of us who have collected a few too many as you could put the 'collectibles' in it and keep the working guns in another upright safe....

Of course, I am not too that 'too many' point yet ;)

If the doors were on the sides rather than the tops it would seem to be more usable. Then all you would have to do is lift the bedskirt and unlock the door. But like bubbadoc said, it would make a great idea for those with limited space and a need to store infrequently used or collectible guns.

I'd like to see full extension drawers instead of doors. I seem to remember seeing truck boxes that feature drawers for storage.

I agree with Iain, this would be way better, but fireproofing something that slides is much more difficult than something that has pressure by weight on an appropriate seal. But take that away and sliding heavy duty drawers would be awesome. I could outfit the entire household with these beds for any kind of situation.