Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hi, I'm new here. And I have questions. Lots of questions.

Mz VRWC

Good evening (or morning, as the case may be),

Great site! I've been poking around here for a few weeks, and I'm really impressed with this forum - the wealth of knowledge of the members here and their willing to share is refreshing.

I'm a little less than a year into shooting in general, and a just a few months into being in love with practical shooting. I took the Babes with Bullets Camp last Nov, and now I'm hooked for good. My boyfriend and I are members of Rio Salado (which is gorgeous!), and we plan to get out to Tues. Night steel to get our feet wet once we get our equipment issues worked out.

Which brings me to the first of many questions - is there a retailer in the Phx. area that carries mag pouches, belts, and other stuff for competitive shooting? My BF is about halfway set up, and needs an inner belt (we have a Blackhawk outer) and some mag pouches for single stack. I need a new holster ASAP, as I have an STI GP6 (so excited!) on it's way to me. I see that Blade Tech has a DOH for the GP6, but I can't seem to find anyone that carries Blade Tech around these parts.

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the forums. To quote a famous radio commercial in these parts, "If we ain't got it, you don't need it". There is not a better shooting forum then BE.

For what it's worth I gave up trying to find anything locally. Then again, I am not in one of the hot spots like some of the shooters here.

I just do everything online. +1 on the vendors here. +100000 on shooters connection. You'll find the prices great and the fast shipping even better.

The GP6 is still such a comparatively new and slightly off-the-beaten-path choice that I can't imagine you having much luck finding a local vendor who carries holsters for it. You'll have much better luck ordering straight from Blade-Tech:

http://www.blade-tech.com/Holsters-c-253.html

Welcome to BrianEnos.com! :)

Welcome.

I ordered my CR Speed belt from them in South Africa and at the same time I ordered a Blade Tech Drop holster and mag holders for my Glock 35 rig. I got the CR Speed system from SA in 2 weeks while it took 4 weeks to get my Blade Tech products. Don't believe the 2 weeks lead time they quote. I hammered them at the Shot Show about the slow deliveries. Good system, bad customer service. I would rather have them tell me it will be a month before you see it, instead of always saying 2 weeks!

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks everyone! I just placed an order with Shooters Connection - nice guys and great service!

Twodownzero - I can't say enough good things about the Babes with Bullets camp. It was an incredible experience, and I highly recommend the camp for any woman, regardless of previous shooting experience. In 2 1/2 days, I went from almost no experience (shooting a pistol at the range 5-6 times) to shooting a 3 stage mini-match (and coming in 3rd!). If you had told me before I took the class that I would be drawing from a holster and moving and shooting (fairly) accurately within three days, I would have suggested that you seek professional help.

I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to learn to shoot with the best in the sport, and I'm super lucky to be able to continue my learning with BWB instructors Debbie Keehart and Kippi Leatham here in Arizona.

Looks like BWB will be offering two classes in Niles, Michigan this year, so you might want to save your pennies to send your GF! You can check out the 2010 schedule at Kay and Jerry Miculek's website

Looks like the class is $675 this year. That may sound steep, but you have 4-5 of the best women shooters in the world at your disposal for 3 days, plus the room and all meals but breakfast are included.