Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolvers in IPSC Issues

xcount

wide45

Don't partially quote me to so it can fit your rude little reply. A complete quote makes it clear I was responding directly to the subject at hand.

6 round neutral = revolver neutral

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A complete quote makes it clear I was responding directly to the subject at hand.

[moderator hat] An excellent point JFD. Lets ALL keep the personality stuff out of it and stick to the subject at hand. -ld [/moderator hat]

revolver neutral stages are easy, almost all my field courses are 6 round neutral. if you put targets where they are open from other postions this gives the revolver the chance to shoot 6 reload with out having to stand. the 10 round guys can shoot 8 or 10 and the high caps can game it to the max. lots of movement and takes a little thought(funny to watch some high cap guys shooting the same targets from 2 places).

I thought I'd toss in my .02 worth, starting with saying up front that I'm a C class shooter (in all 5 USPSA classes). I spend most of my shooting $ on club matches and have not been to the Nationals, or many other major matches.(but someday I will :)

I have shot up a lot of targets in PPC, and a fair number of targets in IPSC with a revolver. When I chose to bring the revolver to the IPSC match, I know up front that I am behind the power curve compared to the typical limited gun, let alone an open gun.

So what? :) I chose to shoot the revolver, and I usually have a blast doing it. I know what the course of fire is beforehand (if I've read the match bulletin) and "hopefully" I have a plan to make the best run on the targets that I can.

Speaking for just myself, I don't expect the course designers to make the course revolver neutral, at the expense of the other 4 classes. I'd rather not see 5/5/5 or 7/7/7 problems, as they are tougher to do with a wheelgun. But I'll try them, as long as the others in my squad are patient with my times (usually measured with a sun dial, or so I have been told :D )

Maybe I should be more serious about it, but I shoot IPSC for fun, and shooting a revolver is fun for me, and I have a good time doing them both together. Just my .02

:mellow:

I apologise for being rude.

I am tremendously frustrated on this. It blows my mind that so many choose to be blind.

I also owe another apology for misremembering the proposal.

i'm with wide45 on this stages just need a bit more thought. i once set up a FC that had 24 rounds and i gave the shooters a lot of ways to solve the problem of the 30 guys that i RO'd i kept count of how many ways it was shoot. i got 17 different ways and a revolver could shoot it with out making a standing reload.