Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help Me Set Up My G24 For Limited / L10

TacticalReload

Okay... I just picked up a new Glock 24. As of now, it's bone stock and has yet to be fired (I'm working on that part ;) ). I think this will be the basis for a Limited set up. But as of right now, I've only been shooting IDPA so I'm a "Production Class" kind of guy. Therefore, I'm a little nervous about buying the wrong thing.

My G34 wears a CGR race cut Bomar rear mated with a Dawson fiber optic .105" front. I like this setup and will probably go with it again for the G24 unless someone can come up with a valid reason not to. Above and beyond that, my G34 is pretty much stock so I haven't experimented with other stuff to put on the G24.

I'm considering a tungsten guide rod, 13# spring (too light?), and brass magwell. I haven't yet decided on the brand of mag baseplates -- but the mags I will have will probably all have the #6 followers so I guess I should plan accordingly.

Also, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to race holsters.

Any help anyone can give me would be GREATLY appreciated. In the meantime, I will continue searching and reading this forum for other opinions.

Thanks in advance!

- CR Speed holster

- EricW's Tru-Grit grip tape

- Get rid of the factory sight and put on the sights of your choice.

- do the "$0.25 tigger job"

- Start reloading with 180g bullets and TiteGroup powder

- lose the "extended" slide stop/release...replace it with an stock, non-extended version.

- buy a variety of recoil spring weights...see what you notice when you try them out. (edit: I'd skip the tungsten rod)

Practice and dry fire

I would go to a couple of USPSA matches and see what some of the other shooters have on their Glocks. I think your sight choices are perfect. I would look at the Grams or Arredondo base pads. For a mag well I would look at the new magwell that Tom Novak is selling.

Thanks, folks, for the help so far.

Speaking of reloaded ammo... I've been brainwashed into thinking that 180grain bullets + stock Glock .40 barrel + major = kB!

I'm gonna have to get over that fear, huh? I think an aftermarket barrel might be in my future down the road, but at this point, I'm gonna hold off on that purchase. <_<

Thanks, folks, for the help so far.

Speaking of reloaded ammo... I've been brainwashed into thinking that 180grain bullets + stock Glock .40 barrel + major = kB!

I'm gonna have to get over that fear, huh?  I think an aftermarket barrel might be in my future down the road, but at this point, I'm gonna hold off on that purchase.   <_<

I shot a Glock 24 for 2 years in USPSA Limited Division. I used 180FMJ's in front of 5.8 grains of Universal Clays. Easily made PF and no KB's or pressure signs. You could certainly load down with the new PF.

A 24 makes for a great limited gun. I have my 24 set up the following way:

Dawson FO front with Heinie rear

THE Brass magwell

Stainless Guide Rod with 19# spring

0.25 cent trigger job

Caspian slide with Storm Lake Barrel

THE extended mag release

CR Speed Holster is a great way to go.

Stipled grip.

This setup works really great. I use bullets that just meet PF and the 19# spring really keeps the pistol in battery as long as possible and really softens the recoil. I just got some Dawson plus four pads and I am very pleased with them

I'll be getting a 24 next week and I'm looking at playing with it (for fun mostly) in Limited. Ive been shooting my 34 in Production for 7 months and would like to keep the same point of aim and index.

I'll was thinking about adding:

Sevigny sights

trigger job

either Novak or brass magwell

tungsten rod

lightened recoil spring

grip tape

CR Speed holster

removing weight in slide to mimick G35 slide weight

-  CR Speed holster

-  EricW's Tru-Grit grip tape

-  Get rid of the factory sight and put on the sights of your choice.

-  do the "$0.25 tigger job"

-  Start reloading with 180g bullets and TiteGroup powder

-  lose the "extended" slide stop/release...replace it with an stock, non-extended version.

-  buy a variety of recoil spring weights...see what you notice when you try them out. (edit:  I'd skip the tungsten rod)

Practice and dry fire

+1

That's all you need. BTW - Lone Wolf now sells a .090 serrated front sight that I really like. It's about $15.