Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM for 147gr 9mm

J-Rob

I've found the stock barrel to be the most accurate. I'm can shoot sub 3" groups off hand at 25 yds with my stcok barrels with ease. If I really bare down I can get sub 2" . Every time I've tried an after market barrel the accuracy has gotten worse. I've twaeked loads, tried different barrels, different twist rates. Each time it got worse.  Now let me say they've all be drop in.  I've never tried a fit barrel. 

5 hours ago, jerseyglock said:

both stock and KKM barrels are good.

The OP was specifically asking about 147 in KKM barrels. If accuracy is the concern, somewhere on the internet there is a comparison of the accuracy of aftermarket Glock barrels. I believe KKM did very well.

8 hours ago, Sniperboy said:

Is there an underlying reason you feel the need to buy a KKM barrel?  I have shot 147gr jacketed & plated out of a stock barrel safely and accurately.

I agree. I have both and the stock barrel is pretty darn good for most purposes. Stock accuracy is fine for most of what a Glock is used for.  Just be aware of the leading issues if that is a concern for you. For plated and Hi Tech coated bullets, my stock barrels don't have leading at minor velocities. You can save some bucks shooting the stock barrel.

If you cant repetitively shoot 90's on a B8 at 25, an aftermarket barrel is only going to be a show piece for you, its not going to make you shoot lazerbeamz automatically.... But, here you go, this is just 1 of a few reputable tests done on glock barrel accuracy, I'll link another in a minute..... all in all KKM is top of the pack, s3f and blacklist aren't far behind, agency barrels aren't in any of these tests, but i know a few peeps that swear by the premium line ($$$)

Barrel Race 2017 — Victory Gun Blog.htm