Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Adjustable Rear Sights

Sig0431

I have read through our forums and this is brought up a little here and there with little info but I am looking to see if anyone has any information on adjustable rear sights that will fix the P320 without having to mill the slide. I am still amazed that no one has some out with this yet and after talking to Dawson they have no plans to make a set. Any links / pictures would be a big help.

I have dawson comp rear sight on right now but have non-stop issues with it coming loose, dawson thinks it may have been a blemished rear sight but before I spend the money to by another rear sight I would much prefer an adjustable sight.

The 320 has the same size dovetails as the rest of the P-series pistols.  And they both have the same size dovetails as the Springfield XDs.  Dawson makes their adjustable rear for the XD line of pistols.  I have a set on a P226.  The design rides a bit higher than is ideal, in my opinion, and requires a taller front sight, but it's a serviceable solution and they've held up for me quite well.  L.P.A. also makes a workable adjustable set that will work.  I've not used those though.   

The Sig "team" 320s had an adjustable rear sight that was a much more elegant solution.   Very similar to the sight that comes on the X5 Allround, IIRC.  But they were done custom by Bruce and last time I asked, it wasn't a service they were going to be providing.  Unfortunately.

Anyway, here's a link to the Dawson rear that I'm using...

https://dawsonprecision.com/springfield-xd-xdm-adjustable-black-rear-sights/  

32 minutes ago, taadski said:

The 320 has the same size dovetails as the rest of the P-series pistols.  And they both have the same size dovetails as the Springfield XDs.  Dawson makes their adjustable rear for the XD line of pistols.  I have a set on a P226.  The design rides a bit higher than is ideal, in my opinion, and requires a taller front sight, but it's a serviceable solution and they've held up for me quite well.  L.P.A. also makes a workable adjustable set that will work.  I've not used those though.   

The Sig "team" 320s had an adjustable rear sight that was a much more elegant solution.   Very similar to the sight that comes on the X5 Allround, IIRC.  But they were done custom by Bruce and last time I asked, it wasn't a service they were going to be providing.  Unfortunately.

Anyway, here's a link to the Dawson rear that I'm using...

https://dawsonprecision.com/springfield-xd-xdm-adjustable-black-rear-sights/  

Thank you for the outstanding information. I saw many bad reviews about the LPA sights so I have stayed away from them. I am not too worried about the rear sight riding a little higher and Dawson can make a front sight for me to get to POA / POI. I will have to look around to see if I can find any pictures of the XD sight on a P320 to see how much it may hang off the rear. Or find a picture of that sight on a P226 and compare the measurements of the rear of the sight notch to the rear of the slide to the P320.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, WhiteDingo said:

Those are the team gun sights. I think they're the same sight on the P220 Hunter.

Yes, they appear to be. Great sights. I wish Sig would have done something like that or the X5 320s, though I do like the Dawson’s just fine. Another route for adjustable sights that are mounted a little lower would be to send your pistol to The Sig Armorer, Robert Burke. He does a very nice job with low mounting a Dawson adjustable rear on 320s.