Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fiber optics rod?

biglou13

are all fiber optic rods created equal?

thinking about ordering from here...... http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm.

i've used red  and green.....  i'm a bit partial to green  any pro/cons for color?

i feel like they loose light gathering capability over time....

my dawson is supposed to be .040 inch  site has it .039  ?

Edited by biglou13

Yes, I bought feet worth of red and green from them and still have a lot left.

I pre-cut 10 or so pieces and keep them in my range bag.

Change them when they look like they are all beat up or before a big match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I make fiber optic front & rear revo sights. That's where I get my rod from. I use mainly 1mm. It is nominally .040, but varies a few thou. up or down from that. The brightest color is green, closely followed by orange. Red is pretty dim by comparison. If all these are too bright, you can go to yellow, blue or purple. If you have a fiber optic sight, but prefer black, you can tone it down with blue, or put in a black fiber from a broom.

• 2 weeks later...
I make fiber optic front & rear revo sights. That's where I get my rod from. I use mainly 1mm. It is nominally .040, but varies a few thou. up or down from that. The brightest color is green, closely followed by orange. Red is pretty dim by comparison. If all these are too bright, you can go to yellow, blue or purple. If you have a fiber optic sight, but prefer black, you can tone it down with blue, or put in a black fiber from a broom.
Toolguy, where do you get the different color FO rods?

1 hour ago, robert.a.brewer. said:
On 11/28/2017 at 9:54 AM, Toolguy said:

Amazon.  TruGlo, Taran Tactical, etc. all sell them.  Shooters Connection probably has them, too.

9 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:
On 11/28/2017 at 10:54 AM, Toolguy said:

Pretty sure he's referring to the link in post one. Fiberoptic products has numerous colors sold by the meter at very reasonable prices.