Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chinese race master holster

Topgeer

I was looking on AliExpress and found knockoffs of the racemaster holster. It's just the shell no guts. They're only like 30 bucks. And I found the guts for my XDM competition for $55 from AA.  Just curious if anyone's ever used them. 

I ordered the one from AliExpress but I'm sure it won't be in for 8 to 10 weeks.  Guts will probably be here next week.  I figured if the holster is junk I would need the guts anyway for my XDM and I can just buy a better brand holster.

My only issue with stuff like this is that it, does hurt businesses.  This is a small industry (USPSA I mean, not guns) and many of us actually know Saul Kirsch and recognize that he's given a LOT to this sport over the years.  I know that stuff is expensive, but the reason is really because of the relatively small industry. 

As an example I looked into producing a product for the Alpaca industry.  At the time there were around 300 US Farms.  I would have had to invest $10k to get the item produced.  If I sold one to EVERY FARM for $100.00 I would have a very measly profit.  (and we know it doesn't work like that so in fact, I would have been in a deep hole.) 

Ramp that up... naturally, but not into numbers of mass produced and mass appeal products like the iPhone.  Somewhere in between anyways, and you can see how a large R&D and Tooling/manufacture investment can't be spread into a huge customer base from a company like DAA.  Not to mention the fact that this is a guy that "we all know."   Not really, but the point is, he's one of us.  Just like all the other products we buy.

This is why I (of course, with a wince of pain while whipping out the credit card) support genuine products created within, and for our industry.  

I understand that... But I can't pay $200 for there's so this is really my only option. If I had to pay for brand names I would not be shooting.  One day if I have to money maybe I'll be able to upgrade.  

Buying knockoffs like this only encourages more to be made. I believe buying used or saving til you can get the real thing is always better. The classifieds here are a great way to get started. 

xdr

I can't believe the moderators allow links and basically advertising of counterfeit products to be spread on these forums.  Your not allowed to say a bad word about a company here but you can advertise their counterfeit products.  I'm struggling to wrap my head around that one.

Edited by Edge40

I'd worry about the quality, get DQ'd at one major match due to a dropped gun and there goes all your savings.

Personally if cost was the issue I'd run a kydex holster from someone who supports USPSA long before I'd buy a fake race holster. I'd recommend Red Hill. I don't find race holster to offer any real advantage in USPSA.  I just use one when I shoot Open because it's hard to get holster that works with a frame mounted DOT.

4 hours ago, Edge40 said:

I can't believe the moderators allow links and basically advertising to be spread on these forums.  Your not allowed to say a bad word about a company here but you can advertise counterfeit products.  I'm struggling to wrap my head around that one.

Great point! Glad you caught that

I'd be wary of getting a holster from aliexpress, but I have found that the mag pouches work fine. They aren't as nice as the real thing, but they function. Also, I've had the same Chinese velcro inner/outer shooting belt for 3 years, and while it may not be as rigid as a nicer belt, it has worked fine for my 2x matches/month.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just getting back to this thread I started. First of all I never posted a link to the holster I bought. I also do not sell the products. I did buy the frame from AliExpress. And I did buy the guts from double Alpha. it works perfectly. If I didn't tell you it wasn't a racemaster you wouldn't even know. Also I order them at same time and they both came in same day. I sorry it pisses some of you off. But I saved $120 and that's a lot of money to me. My pics are to big so I can't post them.