Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X Five Front Sight Hight

Rolex

Decided to shoot production with the x five- found myself shooting consistently 3-3 1/2" low-

using factory 115, and reloads 147, 135, and 124 gr- at 15 to 20 yards.

After doing the math I must have to drop the FS down to a 180-185T or in that area to have the

impact at my POA .

I know I read some where in the 35 page thread others found the same thing-

SO Just asking does this appear to be true with others?  And if you replaced the FS did you

use something in the size range!

Thanks

Edited by Rolex
Spelling

1 hour ago, dawsonprecision said:

Hello,

Sig is using a 0.252 tall x 0.090 wide front sight on the P320 X5 pistols.

Thanks! I had to raise my rear sight quite a bit as it was shooting low with the rear sight all the way down. Looks like I need a lower front as well in order to lower the rear.

47 minutes ago, dawsonprecision said:

Hello,

We recommend a 0.205 tall front sight.

IF I did my math correctly using my measurements and your sight math- 205 appears to be correct-

How about a width? Before  I order-

Thanks,

dawsonprecision

Edited by Rolex

4 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Width is kind of up to the individual.  I tried a 0.110 once and thought it was too skinny.  I have a 0.125" on my X5 Allround and I like that width much better.

Most of my others are 100 - rear sight notch appears to be 130-

the difference between the stock- 252T and 205T is so slight though-

If I went 180T that will just mean I have to go up more on the rear correct? 

Edited by Rolex

41 minutes ago, Rolex said:

IF I did my math correctly using my measurements and your sight math- 205 appears to be correct-

How about a width? Before  I order-

Thanks,

dawsonprecision

It is subjective but if acquiring a sight picture quickly is your goal, you may want to try a thin front sight:

After calling Dawson Precision this AM- and telling the tech guy what I had- he suggested a 205T 90W- so its been ordered.

I am at some point going to put the Romeo 1 on- but not worried at this point about cowitness- Thanks to all for their post :D

• 3 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 4:02 PM, bossgvr4 said:

Rolex if you're EVER going to run with the Romeo you might want to determine your front sight height relative to teh back-up notch on teh Romeo since that is not adjustable.

Please expand on this thought.  Does the factory sight height work with the Romeo notch?  On the big X5 thread someone answered that it did work.  How about your experience?

6 hours ago, CHLChris said:

Please expand on this thought.  Does the factory sight height work with the Romeo notch?  On the big X5 thread someone answered that it did work.  How about your experience?

I have never gotten a straight answer on what front sight height the Romeo 1 notch is supposed to work with. My assumption was a supressor height front since that is what comes from Sig on the RXs.

No, the RX's have co-witnessed front/rear sets.  Thus, the suppressor height front sight is designed for the steel rear, not the Romeo notch.  But what you're really saying is that you do not have a Romeo on a X5...

When I get to the range in the next week or two, I will be able to definitively let folks know whether my Romeo notch on my X5 worked with my factory front sight.

2 hours ago, CHLChris said:

No, the RX's have co-witnessed front/rear sets.  Thus, the suppressor height front sight is designed for the steel rear, not the Romeo notch.  But what you're really saying is that you do not have a Romeo on a X5...

When I get to the range in the next week or two, I will be able to definitively let folks know whether my Romeo notch on my X5 worked with my factory front sight.

Really ? Maybe because it recently got back from Sig. No need to be so aggro smartguy.

20170730_150311.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 9:08 PM, alma said:

Does anyone have a factory X5 sight that they would let go for cheap? 

I'm setting up another X5 slide and need a starting point. 

You should have reached out ... I replaced my stock 0.235 with a 0.205.  You could have had it.