Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal holster for USPSA Limited?

jsaund22

Hi Guys,

I shot my first USPSA match last weekend - a 6-stage classifier. I am completely and totally hooked!

I shot the match with a S&W M&P-9 that I had, but I have made the decision that I want to shoot Limited Major. So I'm in the process of ordering a new XDM 5.25 in .40 caliber. Looking at holsters, I found this Bladetech holster on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Blade-Tech-Speed-Springfield-5-25in-Adjustable/dp/B00FAMAJG8/ref=sr_1_8?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1501202919&sr=1-8&keywords=bladetech+xdm+5.25

I would also pick up the BOSS hanger from Ben Stoeger, but is this holster legal for USPSA Limited? I think so, but I'm not entirely sure since I'm so new to this.

Thanks in advance!

Not many limits on holster in Limited. Rulebook spells out other details,  but basically just has to cover the triggerguard

Edited by wgj3

1 minute ago, wgj3 said:

Not many limits on holster in Limited. Rulebook spells out other details,  but basically just has to cover the triggerguard

I thought that was what I read, but I read the whole rulebook in one night - kinda like drinking from a firehose. I just wanted to make sure I was correct.

2 minutes ago, Max It said:

Do I need limited? I have a CR speed holster. Does that take me out of production. This is my first (USPSA).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're referring to a CR Speed race-type holster, then it's not legal for Production.  You'll have to go Limited, Limited 10, or Open if you use it.

If you're referring to a CR Speed race-type holster, then it's not legal for Production.  You'll have to go Limited, Limited 10, or Open if you use it.

Yes that's it. I will change my reg. Much obliged.

9 minutes ago, Max It said:

Yes that's it. I will change my reg. Much obliged.

or shoot limited or limited-10 for the time being...depending on what gun you have, you can shoot them in minor if need be.