Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building off of STI Edge .40 frame

aandabooks

Have a .40 Edge that I might want to build an open gun off of.  In looking at Shooters Connection I think all the parts are available.  What would the lower need besides drilled/tapped for optic?  I'd be leaning toward a 9mm or possibly .38SC.

My main open gun started life as a 40 Edge.  It was sent to Gans along with all new SVI parts.  He lightened the slide and frame and fit a new, threaded 40 barrel. with comp, along with fitting all the other stuff.  You might consider doing the same, especially since you will shortly be shooting open 40 with another gun.  The only real potential disadvantage is 26 in a mag instead of 29.  No biggie for me, and then there are thr advantages.

36 minutes ago, zzt said:

My main open gun started life as a 40 Edge.  It was sent to Gans along with all new SVI parts.  He lightened the slide and frame and fit a new, threaded 40 barrel. with comp, along with fitting all the other stuff.  You might consider doing the same, especially since you will shortly be shooting open 40 with another gun.  The only real potential disadvantage is 26 in a mag instead of 29.  No biggie for me, and then there are thr advantages.

Threaded barrel or cone fit?  Did you have the frame drilled/tapped or slide mount optic?  What kind of money are we talking to have Gans do it?

Main gun has threaded bull.  Backup has threaded standard with cone comp.  It cycles faster.

Gans price list is on the web.  10 oz. Slide lightening with exotic cuts is $500.  If you go coned, you dont need that much.

Barrel fitting is $95 if memory serves.

Edited by zzt

• 2 months later...