Stock 2 Front Sight Height Consensus

emjei

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bad Dawson only has the .90 wide in .150 Tall

the $10 charge to make one "special" is too much

I'm the guy that paid the original $10 special fee to get the .90 wide by .150 height. I went with the orginial sight height and a thinner front sight. I biased the width dimension off the front sight to rear sight width light ratio. I like it somewhere in the .75-.79 range. so .90 front / .116 rear = .775.

548034885f022260a2092228fc049037.jpg

The factory sight height is actually .150 in the back of the front sight and .140 in the front by the barrel. The new .140 Dawson is .140 in the back and .130 in the front. So a .150 front sight should match up with the factory sight, while the .140 will allow you to lower your rear sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to try the .120 tall dawson. My rear sight is cranked all the way down, exactly how it came from the factory and I like it that way. But with the stock front sight I shoot pretty low. I like a 6'clock hold so hoping the .120 works out.

I use the stock height dimensions with a thinner width and ordered a xtreme front sight: 2.5mm X 5.50mm ( 0.0984252" Wide X 0.216535" tall)

Is your xtreme sight .216" above the slide? Does Eric measure his sights the same way Dawson does (i.e. from the top of the slide to the top of the sight as opposed to measuring from the sight's base to the top)?

I use the stock height dimensions with a thinner width and ordered a xtreme front sight: 2.5mm X 5.50mm ( 0.0984252" Wide X 0.216535" tall)

Is your xtreme sight .216" above the slide? Does Eric measure his sights the same way Dawson does (i.e. from the top of the slide to the top of the sight as opposed to measuring from the sight's base to the top)?

There is a picture above that I posted that shows this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got .140 x .90 Dawson on Stock 2. I still have to move the sight up 4 inches @ 25 yards.

Shooting 147gr Bayou.

Move the sight up 4 inches?

It's shooting 4 inches low. So I adjusted the rear to hit POA. I was trying to say .140 Dawson front still needs to adjust the rear up.

I use the xtreme 3mm x 5.25mm front sight from Grauffel and it still prints low. Rear sight is still 15 clicks up.

I'm considering a Dawson but I can't make a choice between:

.110T x .105

.120T x .100

.125T x .115

What would be my best choice?

My personal preference is to have the narrowest possible front, because the LPA rear notch is way too narrow for quick sight acquisition. I am using 0.140 x 0.090 Dawson and I still feel the front is too wide and the rear notch is too narrow. I'd go with the 0.120 x 0.080 if it exists.