Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long does your local USPSA match last?

tha1000

In one match that starts at 8 we are usually done around 12:30-1PM. On another that starts around 9AM we are done around 2:30-3PM. Both matches have 6 stages and over 100 shooters. The 7AM start was requested, but the guys that set the stages in the morning  balked at that.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, tanks said:

In one match that starts at 8 we are usually done around 12:30-1PM. On another that starts around 9AM we are done around 2:30-3PM. Both matches have 6 stages and over 100 shooters. The 7AM start was requested, but the guys that set the stages in the morning  balked at that.

If I could get 10-15 folks to commit to coming out and helping on Friday's before the match for setup we could make our start time earlier.

Without that commitment there is a chance that we are going to have to setup 6 stages the morning of the match and we can't get that done in two hours with the big stages that we run.

In ranges around here setting up the night before is not an option due to range policy. Also, in the matches I go to, set up and tear down are done by the organizer of the match (hence paying $40 per match) and setters are compensated.

This weekend Local PA. 10 stage match, 259 round count and yes they do 10 stages every month and it cost a whole $25.  Sundays start shooting at 9:00am done shooting and stage tear down finishing at about 2:30.  12 shooters on each squad.  They have added Saturday this year with five 8 man squads. Saturday does set up, Sunday does tear down. Saturdays match sign up fills up in about 5min., and Sundays match sign up fills up in about 15-20min.  175 shooters shot this weekend. Shooters come from Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut each month.  I drive two hours each way for this match, others are driving four - six hours. 

• 3 weeks later...

One of the matches I shoot has a morning group (0800-1200) and an afternoon group 1300-1600.  The morning group is always full and the afternoon group flies through the stages fairly quickly.  In total there is about 90 to 110 shooters.  Right now the club only starts in the morning due to heat and we're done by 1500 hrs.  People love the morning/afternoon format.