Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

I let my gunsmith, Jim Jones at J&L Gunsmithing, go a little crazy with the cerakote. I wanted it coated to protect it but I decided to have a little fun with my baby. I added a few skulls and a new color to spruce it up a little. I definitely won't lose it in a crowd.

post-22049-0-95298700-1390359906_thumb.j

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there, so a while back I posted about a.m Large compition short frame I bought and I was looking for some info on it. Ive been planning this build for sometime but have refrained from posting it here as parts have been in the mail forever and I ran into a few problems that ive started seperate threads on. But after all that fun, ive put what I can togeather for now from what I have available, im still waiting both .40 snd .45 conversion kits to come in. Basically this will be my .40/.45 limited gun :).

Heres the build info and parts list.

FRAME

Large competition short frame

Limited magwell

Limited safety (in the mail)

Extended mag release

SA delta hammer

SA limited trigger

EGW preped sear

Hennings sear pin

Hennings hammer pin

Hennings pin pin

Hennings trigger screw and nut (not installed)

Hennings tight fit pin

Custom grip tape grips

SLIDE

.45 conversion kit (in the mail)

.40 Stock 3 upper (in the mail)

Hennings cone fit guild rod

EG extended firing pin

Heres some before and after of the frame

BEFORE

EAAFrame.jpg

AFTER

20140124_182610-1-1.jpg

20140124_182645-1-1.jpg

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

Oh and by the way, thanks to everyone who had a hand in helping me build this gun :). Almost all the parts minus the frame came from this sight and group of people, and from being from way up here in cold ass Canada I think thats kinda awsome :).

On another note I went to the range today for some stupid reason and it was -16 and blizzarding out :). I shot only about 10 rounds and sat in the car most of the time and my buddy got off maybe 100, he was paying for that with some forzen fingers for a while lol. I was thinking about taking a picture of my frozen friend shooting in a storm but it was to cold to get out of the car, in hindsight it would have made a great pic.

Cheers,

Evan

Ok well I have bought a limited pro although it has yet to come in yet. Is anyone here interested in a limited .45 top end it has a fiber optic front sight. it is like new once the pistol comes in I would be happy to send personal pictures of the top end. Any way if anyone here is interested please PM me.

There is a smoking price on a new Limited on armslist right now!

There is a new Elite Limited in .45 for sale on armslist for $950 right now I just bought a new witness so I can't pick it up but I figured I might go ahead and post it in case anyone else wants it.

Besides the fact Bud's won't ship off list pistols to CA, that particular small frame doesn't hold any appeal to me. I'll show you:
714008059_2.jpg
It has a standard frame:
-tapped with three holes 25mm on center so modern optic mounts need to be customized.
-no frame checkering
-no provision for mag well
The optic: no words needed.
The comp - two port comp available from Numrich
The barrel - 9x21 - dead caliber

I know, I've become a real snob in my travels :)

ETA: It does have a great and rare trigger/safety though...

Edited by kneelingatlas

I happened to see it while surfing their site. It seems like it has been on there for some time. Honestly, I would be afraid to buy an old race gun sight unseen. Thought someone would be interested. I appreciate the pointers. At some point I am going to try a CZ/ tangfoglio . Just not sure when.

I just shot a whole bunch of top ends with a whole bunch of compensators :D and I have ideas for each and every one of them...

The one I'm particularly excited about is my chopped slide, it started like this:

pix4682329861_zps9529e8fa.jpg

and now it looks like this:

IMG_20140128_115459_419_zps4220dc44.jpg

Much lighter, shorter, chambered in 9x19 (used to be 9x21) and works much better with the first port opened up. Obviously better pictures will be forthcoming at some point :wacko:

Two questions:

1. How did you rechamber the gun from 9x21 > 9x19? I'm assuming you had to rebarrel?

2. Where the heck is that Awesome Dawson comp'ed gun in your testing? Have you had a chance to shoot it?

How did you rechamber the gun from 9x21 > 9x19? I'm assuming you had to rebarrel?

Yes, new barrel. When I took everything apart I realized the comp/barrel were threaded M14x1 (CZ has uses this thread, but Tanfoglio factory threads are M14x0.75. Springfield P9 threads are .545" x 40, don't get me started...); getting a 5 1/2" threaded small frame 9x19 Witness barrel is hard enough, getting one without threads is next to impossible! (I never heard back from Sean) So since this particular slide was customized for this particular cone comp, I decided it would be a great opportunity to try cutting the slide to length. I used a 4.75" 9x19 barrel and cut almost 3/4" off the slide to put the muzzle back in the same place.

Where the heck is that Awesome Dawson comp'ed gun in your testing? Have you had a chance to shoot it?

I had to send the barrel back to the 'smith for some rework... :angry2: It takes a special gunsmith to keep pace with this madness, unfortunately, none of them wanted to get involved in this project; I'll buy a lathe before I use this guy again.

Ok guys I got the limited pro yesterday and it is slick. Does anyone here needed a .45 limited pro upper it is in great shape I'm guessing under 200 rounds through it. I might be interested in trading it for interesting things or just selling. If it doesn't go in here it will go up on gun broker. If interested please pm me.

Well through some careful wheelin and dealin over the past few weeks I got a limited pro frame for a total of :ph34r: $125 after I sold the top end and some trading. :devil: So I am quite happy with that! :devil: All in all I have nearly finished my open gun for about $500. pluss the 170mm magazine and I will need a new trigger so for a nearly complete open outfit $725! I got it out to the range today and even with a cappy stock DA/SA trigger the gun was great! :D

Thanks, to all of those people who helped me with the build!

Edited by george76904