Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 17/22 OPEN DIVISION CONVERSION

GorillaTactical

Who's mount are those?

A Japanese company called Freedom Art.

The C-More Version can be used for a MRD directly mounted to it or add the angle bracket for the C-More. Pretty versatile but very expensive.

Thanks! How much and do you have a lead on where to pick one up?

^^ What Nox said ^^

The advantages of this mount are that it is non-permanent like the Carver, but can be used on an unmodified Ghost, CR Speed for Glock, Big Dragon, speed holster. The thumbrest is reversible & HUGE for more leverage. You can change back to stock in a few minutes, if you notice the photo I posted earlier, I even leave my stock sights on in case I want to shoot stock.

Right now, the going rate is about $195.00 US for the MRD/C-More version. The rail is about $165.00 US. So far no one is importing them into the US. They're in Nagoya. I have a friend who's wife is from there & I she said she could probably ask her family to pick one up there when she goes there to visit.

I'll see if I can post a video about how it is mounted & how to install.

Edited by Glockman1000

^^ What Nox said ^^

The advantages of this mount are that it is non-permanent like the Carver

The Carver mount is designed to be a "No modification necessary" mount for Glocks, M&P's and XD's. SJC's require drilling. Bobby's mounts slide over the rail and use the same diameter pin hole with a (supplied) allen screw of a longer length. BUT, that Freedom mount DOES look cool! :cheers:

Edited by Noximus03

Geez Nox, now you're making me want to get the C-More version even more, did I mention it comes in different colors?

I'll stick to Henry Ford's old adage, "You can have it any color you want as long as it's black."

I wonder if Gaston Glock followed the same advice. :roflol:

post-25308-0-70837000-1351146102_thumb.j

post-25308-0-97009400-1351146113_thumb.j

Edited by Glockman1000

One question that would help in your answer is what kind of spring combo are you running. Generally, factory ammo doesn't provide the gas pressure needed to make a comp work as designed. The powder burns too fast. I ran factory ammo for the better part of a year in .40, and 9mm and just practiced ALOT. By doing that, I learned to feel my way through the recoil process enough to be an effective shooter.

I agree with GT, try a different comp. I know guys running SJC's and I personally run a Carver 3 port and having tested the Jäger and the LWD comps, the gun does feel different between the 4. Remember that when running a comp, the bigger comp it is, the more pressure it will take for the comp to work as designed. Hope the info helps you, but in all reality, to get your gun to run flatter/tamer you'll need to reload some ammo, or get some reloaded for you. Ask Doug Carden of DCAmmo (a forum dealer here) to send you some of his major PF rounds to test and see the difference, or find a local dealer for Atlanta arms and ammo and test a box. They both load their .40's to make major and it does make a big difference.

PS- also remember to run only JHP's or TMJ/CMJ's. you'll thank me later.

I am currently running a 13 lb ISM recoil spring on a stainless guide rod. ZEV Tech Extra Heavy Trigger Spring,Reduced power Firing Pin Safety Spring and Reduced Power Firing Pin Spring (sorry I don't know the individual weights, I bought them together as a package) They seem to work well together in that reliability has been great. I am open to suggestions if you guys think a heavier or lighter spring might help.

I am going to try a different comp but was hoping someone had done some of the trial and error for me.

Great idea to contact Doug Carden. Email is on it's way to him.

Why only the jacketed bullets?

I am currently running a 13 lb ISM recoil spring on a stainless guide rod. ZEV Tech Extra Heavy Trigger Spring,Reduced power Firing Pin Safety Spring and Reduced Power Firing Pin Spring (sorry I don't know the individual weights, I bought them together as a package) They seem to work well together in that reliability has been great. I am open to suggestions if you guys think a heavier or lighter spring might help.

I am going to try a different comp but was hoping someone had done some of the trial and error for me.

Great idea to contact Doug Carden. Email is on it's way to him.

Why only the jacketed bullets?

Gotcha, thats a really good spring combo. I'm assuming that youre 155/165gr bullets? If you decide to move up to a hotter round, you may consider a 14# spring, but thats for later. The combo you have now is a really good one, very dependable.

Our polymer guns and comp combo's really like Autocomp, and 3n38 powders and I believe that Doug loads mine with autocomp. You will like it. Personally, I like Titegroup for minor or when I shoot Steel. If you decide to go with a different comp, I would suggest that you dont go any bigger than a 4-port comp no matter who's gear you buy. With a .40, theres no real benefit to running any bigger. 9mm, yes, since it takes a deccent amount of powder to make major, but a .40 could most often time make major with factory ammo.

As far as anti-FMJ use. A FMJ projectile has an exposed lead base for expansion properties. That exposed lead will leave deposits in your comp and over time (with some bullets, less time than one would think) it will clog up your comp to the point that it wont work for you. JHP's dont have the exposed base, and CMJ/TMJ's the same. I really like a JHP, but they're more expensive to load. If I can give you any more info, feel free.

just make sure the trigger resets all the way forward so the trigger safety engages with than combo. A heavy trigger spring and a light striker spring work against eachother when the trigger goes forward and can cause the trigger to not go all the way forward for the trigger safety to engage

Our polymer guns and comp combo's really like Autocomp, and 3n38 powders and I believe that Doug loads mine with autocomp. You will like it. Personally, I like Titegroup for minor or when I shoot Steel. If you decide to go with a different comp, I would suggest that you dont go any bigger than a 4-port comp no matter who's gear you buy. With a .40, theres no real benefit to running any bigger. 9mm, yes, since it takes a deccent amount of powder to make major, but a .40 could most often time make major with factory ammo.

Are you able to run 3N38 in the short OAL a major 9 needs to be for a Glock? Is it a compressed load?