Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new SVI grip "spike"

BlueVFRank

Hi guys (and girls)

After the Infinity Euro Open I have heard talk about a new kind of structuring SVI is offering on their steel grips which is supposed to be the Cats miauw, "Spike".

Its supposed to grip a lot better than the Micropocket but not cut your hands open like the agrressive micro pockets.

Any one got more info, or better yet, pictures?

DVC

Frank

Sorry, no pics, but here is Brandon's reply about the spike texture:

"It's an in-between texture of the micro pockets.

We use a larger corner radius end mill to create a more rounded base of the pocket.

The texture is a bit more aggressive than the standard micro pockets.

Cosmetically it looks very similar."

I hope this helps!

One pistol on display at Juergen Flass booth at Infinity open had this grip..

It's a ball end mill instead of a regular mill used to machine the pockets. Less agressive than the Aggressive Micropockets but very gripy. Brandon explains it better than I.

Thanks guys. I think it is time for me to change my order. I guess that this is one of the benefits of a long delivery time ;)

You can keep changing the specs to keep up with the latest innovations.

Edited by BlueVFRank

• 1 year later...

I had the pleasure of visiting SVI on Monday to finish specing 2 builds-one for competition, and one for carry. The "aggressive" grip has some serious bite, but didn't prove uncomfortable during my short range session with both the limited and open guns I fired. I went with the "tactical" for the MG pistol, and "standard" for the carry piece.

The tactical grip is not as gripy as the 60 grit skate tape but it is as good as the 120 grit.

Now, take that from a guy who had Brandon make a Super Aggressive grip for me. It is so sharp most people cry when shooting my gun but I love it.

As to the new shop, compared to the old one it is a palace. Every machine has plenty of room and it setup to be easily cleaned. They have an indoor 50 yard shooting tunnel, loading room, shipping, build, receiving, and on and on....I love it.

There is also a 3 very large bay range out back. I will be checking it out this weekend.

Lee

• 4 years later...