Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How best to integrate PCC into 3 gun

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic.  It must be nice living out West, with your long range rifle shots in 3-gun.  Most of the local to me matches rarely go beyond 100 yards.  If I can shoot those using a PCC versus a RCC, I'm money ahead since 9mm is so much less per shot, and I'm not losing precious rifle caliber brass. 

19 hours ago, jrswanson1 said:

Back on topic.  It must be nice living out West, with your long range rifle shots in 3-gun.  Most of the local to me matches rarely go beyond 100 yards.  If I can shoot those using a PCC versus a RCC, I'm money ahead since 9mm is so much less per shot, and I'm not losing precious rifle caliber brass. 

I don't shoot out west, but somehow at every major on the east coast it seems the MD manages to find places to put out 300+ targets.

For a sport were everyone seems so friendly people seem to get upset about change.

The way I see it, how many people shoot club matches compared to major matches.  Most the matches I see around here are 100 yard max on 1 stage, most of the other stages are less than 50.

Besides being friendly on the cost, it is a good division for new 3-gunners, saves on miscues on steel and getting DQ.

I like that they added the new division, as it gives options, and the last time I checked 3-Gun was about options for shooting a stage.

Simply if an R/O can't handle a simple change in a course of fire, well I would be worried more about the R/O than the PCC shooter.

As to different targets, except over 100 yards, nothing is different for setting up the stages.

Just my 2 - cents

• 3 weeks later...

Integrate, shimtigrate...there is NOTHING right now precluding anyone from shooting from shooting a PCC in a major match!!!! If you think it is an advantage, cool! Accept the limitations of the system and SHOOT!!

What I am seeing are folks who want a special dispensation for their CHOICE!!!! Screw that!!! Wanna shoot it??? Suck it up!!!! Deal with your choice! Don't make a whole bunch of "womens tees" (sorry ladies didn't know what else to call it) to justify your short commings in carbine choice!!!!!

Edited by kurtm

13 minutes ago, kurtm said:

Integrate, shimtigrate...there is NOTHING right now precluding anyone from shooting from shooting a PCC in a major match!!!! If you think it is an advantage, cool! Accept the limitations of the system and SHOOT!!

What I am seeing are folks who want a special dispensation for their CHOICE!!!! Screw that!!! Wanna shoot it??? Suck it up!!!! Deal with your choice! Don't make a whole bunch of "womens tees" (sorry ladies didn't know what else to call it) to justify your short commings in carbine choice!!!!!

Boom! That'll do Kurt, that'll do.

49 minutes ago, kurtm said:

Boom!