Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookies were great. I managed to fight off the women folk and get one of them. :)

MATCH IS FULL

Well, once again I am humbled beyond words. Match is full in record time. I will get everything organized, input and emails sent out after Christmas sometime. Bear with me, we are still recuperating from daughter's wedding this past Saturday and holidays are now HE

As last year, there will be a wait list and I will email that list to everyone on it. We still have some slots pulled for sponsors and when we get all of that ironed out, those slots will go to wait list folks. We had quite a few cancel last year, so if you are on the wait list, keep hope!

Can't wait to see everyone again this year. We truly enjoy putting this match on and seeing you all having a good time.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

About to send emails out to those that made it in to the 2015 MS Classic. I was quite overwhelmed and humbled when we filled up in 1 day's worth of mail and began the wait list. I don't have the wait list completed yet. I still have stacks that I haven't even opened. I will complete a wait list of the first 50 and email that out to those on that list later. IF you are a sponsored/vendor shooter you may not get an email depending on how the application was filled out, so check with your sponsor or myself. I will not be responding to emails/texts with 'how far down the list am I', 'can't I get in?', 'I can shoot Friday!', or similar requests. Don't take it personally. :) I wish we could get everyone in!!!! But it's just not feasible. We look forward to hosting another event for ya'll and hope it's as much fun as last year for you!!! ~Steve

Nobody freak out.... apparently my ISP didn't like all those addresses at once. I will break it down and send smaller batches here shortly. Looks like they all got kicked back. ugh.

Oh good grief. Apparently my ISP labeled me as a spam mail attack. Some of you may have received an email stating you were slated to shoot Friday. That was the message body for RO's/Match Staff/etc that erroneously was placed in one email of Sat/Sun competitors. If you get that, relax, you are slated to shoot Sat/Sun. Sorry for all this. Guess my ISP is trying to save ya'll from my mass emails. :)

Edited by MrClean

Steve..

when will the mold of a two day event be retired? The AL Sectional has it the recipe. RO's still shoot Friday and the whole match is shot on Saturday.. The Classic and the Gator needs to follow suit. You can "make" more daylight.. The region has too many shooters to rely on snail mail to get it.. WE MUST find a way to include more shooters... 10 stages, shot either Sat or Sunday... Do we lose 2 stages to include more shooters?? I vote HELL YES..

wood

• First Item: I just emailed out to the 54 people on the wait list, to let them know their status and where they are in line. In addition to those 54 on the wait list, there are another 70 (yes, 70) envelopes still on my desk here unopened. Many of them are even postmarked the 22nd! Which brings us to the second item....
  • Second Item: Just because an application was mailed on the 22nd doesn't mean that it got here the next day or even the following day, even if it was in MS. Everything that made it here that first day is either in the match or on the waiting list. I can't control what the USPS does or doesn't do. Every effort was made to ensure postmarks were consistent and none that were postmarked other than 22nd sneaked in to that stack when they were being input to the spreadsheet the next day.
  • Third Item: We'd love to have another day of shooting but that means asking RO's to give up another day out of their schedules/lives or organizing a second set of RO's, etc.... and also would mean us shutting down the range an additional day. Our host range is super supportive of us!! I would venture to say we have the best host range out there. We still have some of the general membership (MRPC has over 1200 members) that get a bit peeved that we shut down the range from Wed-Sun for The Classic. Adding another day is out of the question for us.
  • Fourth Item: I think it was a joke... but you won't see a raffle for slots. :) I'd rather folks get em at 140. My only regret is that some don't get em.
  • Fifth Item: Our two day event probably won't be retired while I am MD. Our whole idea of the crawfish boil came from wanting to provide a weekend event that brought folks together more. Usually we drive/fly in.... shoot a match, most of the time with our same group of friends in the squad, perhaps a few new ones..... eat out with our own group..... etc etc. At The MS Classic, Saturday night is when I light a stogie, look at everyone having fun and know it's all worth it. Shooting one day format, folks would just pop in, shoot and leave for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I actually like shooting 1 day formats at places that offer that. However, I would opt for 1.5 day if there was something similar that night that we could all hang out at. I have met and gotten to know so many folks at the crawfish boil, that I otherwise would have never had the pleasure of even speaking to. Our host range has plans for more dirt/berm work and we completed phase I of our plan this year. When all phases are complete it is feasible that we can host more, but until that is complete, I believe we are limited to current capacity.
  • Sixth Item: Registration.... what can I say. We have the option of electronic, which has it's pros and cons. We have mail, which also is not w/o cons. This sport and this match have simply grown beyond what can be supported at our range. You say WE MUST find a way to include more shooters..... how many more? I have at a minimum 120 more applications here. And the only reason I don't have more is because people stopped sending them. I am pretty sure had I not announced the match was full, I would have another 100 or so here. Unfortunately the line has to be drawn somewhere. And the last think I want is our match to turn in to 'cram as many in here as you can and rush em through'. I feel like if we start doing that.... we lose what we set out to accomplish a few years back when we started the Saturday evening "gathering".

All I can say is that we will strive to keep our match going in the same spirit that it has been moving all these years. Our family here will keep me straight, I am sure, if I veer off that path. :)

Side Note I found quite interesting: Actually had one application that was postmarked the 21st!! He somehow printed off the app, got to the post office and mailed it that night!?!??!?!? How is that even possible? I didn't realize any PO was even open that late.

Your welcome Brother..

Nothing good right now sitting in your chair..50% happy, the other not..

Congratulations on the smashing success.. the sport is thriving.. RIght idea, maybe the wrong place to apply.. Cold water could be thrown on many things.. snail mail sucking horse crap is one of them...