Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shotgun shell carrier

rmj339

I have the Chameleon and like it a lot. I don't ever see anybody else, at least around here, running on and that makes me feel special. ; ) Seriously, I like the elastic and the holders on the Chameleon a lot. But if you order one, do wwwaaayyyy ahead of when you think you will need it. Some come right on but mine got lost somewhere coming over the sea and took months to get here. I think they shipped it right away, it was the shipping that was slow. Sat on some dock in some container, or on the corner of some Customs Inspectors desk I suppose.

Unless the gear starts driving the game, rather than the other way around, I can not see how a lot of the newer caddies can survive. Some of the caddies that are being mentioned so frequently now, do not seem to be designed for dealing with what is called an action shooting sport? Right now I have four new caddies, each in a pretty different design from the other and all having their fans. Of the four, it would seem that the EZ8 offers the most promise and versatility but it could use a bit more tweaking. If there is any chance that one might see advantage in a flat out run with possibly a jump or two thrown in and then dropping to the ground before the stage ends, then a lot of the new caddies are not going to be able to play that type of game very well. Anyone else notice that all of these new warp speed reloads require lab like conditions surrounding them?

My son and I both used Taccom Qualoads at the Blue Ridge Mountain 3-gun and neither of use lost a round from one of the carriers. This match had stages where you were climbing onto rooftops and going prone, lots of running and a big jump over a ditch, and shooting from unusual positions. Great match and the carriers held up well. The only thing I wouldn't do is attempt to slide head first into a shooting position. I also don't like to use them when shooting shotgun from inside of a vehicle because they tend to get in the way in confined areas. I blame the carriers but it probably has as much to do with my gerth.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have anything to compare it to since the first shot shell caddy I ever used when I started competing last summer was a Taccom 8 shell carrier in the Load 2 method. Load 2 seems so natural to me that I couldn't imagine loading individual shells from a normal 4 shell caddy.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Chameleon and like it a lot. I don't ever see anybody else, at least around here, running on and that makes me feel special. ; ) Seriously, I like the elastic and the holders on the Chameleon a lot. But if you order one, do wwwaaayyyy ahead of when you think you will need it. Some come right on but mine got lost somewhere coming over the sea and took months to get here. I think they shipped it right away, it was the shipping that was slow. Sat on some dock in some container, or on the corner of some Customs Inspectors desk I suppose.

Like chevyoneton said. I run the 28 round Chameleon load 2 vest. And no one can keep up with me when it comes to loading. In my local matches in alaska. We run a lot of shotgun. I've been through 4 different shotguns and even more than that in different shell caddies. Just to find the fastest combo. And I can load 12 shells in 5.5 seconds damn near every time. I would recommend that vest to anyone who wants to do the " load 2 " method and just be stupid fast