Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LEICA MAGNUS 1–6.3 × 24 - New scope

3-Gun Sweden

I had a look at this new scope at IWA a few days ago. Could be an excellent competitor to the Swarovski Z6i.

The Schmidt & Bender 1-8 was still only a prototype and didn't look so impressive (no batteries, bad optics etc.),

but perhaps it will improve until they chose to release it (in 2012?)

LEICA MAGNUS 1–6.3 × 24 (IWA 2011)

The LEICA MAGNUS 1–6.3 × 24 is the versatile scope with an extremely wide field of view (43.2 m) and is ideal for driven hunting.

It is characterised by an extremely compact construction and is ideal for fast hunts and targeting running game.

Its large zoom range enables optimum adjustment of magnification to meet the requirements of each hunting situation.

LEICA MAGNUS riflescopes are supplied complete with protective caps for eyepieces and

front lenses and a cleaning cloth and will be available from authorised Leica dealers from

autumn 2011. Depending on the model, the prices will be between 1,900 and 2,680 euros.

The LEICA MAGNUS riflescopes with their innovative illuminated reticle set new

standards in terms of zoom range, transmission, field of view and ruggedness.

The new LEICA MAGNUS riflescopes from Leica Camera AG offer an extremely sharp and

extremely bright red dot for all reticules. This is made possible by an innovative anti-reflection

system that prevents undesirable glare. The brightness can be adjusted precisely in fine

increments by means of a 60-step day/night mode. Particularly long battery life is ensured by

smart on/off electronics. The back reflection of light through the front lens is effectively

prevented and means that the red dot is invisible to targeted game.

All LEICA MAGNUS models feature excellent transmission characteristics and an

extraordinarily high contrast that enables precise shots even under the most adverse lighting

conditions.

All control elements are easy to use, even in the dark or when wearing gloves. All models

feature a long eye-relief distance of 9 cm that offers additional safety when shooting with

large-calibre weapons. Similarly, the exposed surfaces of all lenses are treated with the

special AquaDuraTM coating that ensures that dirt and water droplets just roll off.

The riflescopes can be attached to weapons by means of universal, 30-mm scope rings or a

mounting rail.

Leica-Magnus1-6.jpg

Film from IWA 2011

Leica's commercial (A bit Zzz...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgwPZfZ0i0

Lots of options coming online in the 1X6 and even 1x8.

IOR had a 1-4 (rather a 1 OR 4) and a 1-10 as well. Heavy things.

Looks vry similar to the Swaro. Hopefully the price will be in the $1500 range or less.

EU Press release says:

"Depending on the model, the prices will be between 1,900 and 2,680 euros."

• 1 year later...

The only ''problem'' with the Leica is that the ''dot'' will turn of if you cant your rifle ,with the new swarovski you can turn this option off with the Leica its not possible yet.

I talked with Leica and they will let me know if they will change this feature , because i like this glass so much i bought one anyhow :roflol: and will shoot the ERC in Bulgary with it .

The Leica is not so picky with the head position and i was really amazed how bright the glass is .

The ASV turret will be available in June

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

We will be there :eatdrink:

I am trying to ''bypass '' the auto turn off ,and i think it can be done .

Or i mess up the scope blush.gif

Any success bypassing the automatic turn off feature?

Has there been any development on disabling the automatic turn off feature?

I tried to google, but couldn't find any solutions.

Trying to decide between Swarovski z6i 1-6x24 and Leica Magnus 1-6.3x24 and the auto-off seems to be a deal breaker for IPSC usage.

Edited by T3mppu

Trying to decide between Swarovski z6i 1-6x24 and Leica Magnus 1-6.3x24 and the auto-off seems to be a deal breaker for IPSC usage.

Did you read the toiminta-ampujat forum? I think one managed to turn the feature off by removing the battery while the power was on and that trick made the "auto cant power off" feature dissapear. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Did you read the toiminta-ampujat forum? I think one managed to turn the feature off by removing the battery while the power was on and that trick made the "auto cant power off" feature dissapear. ;)

I sure did.

There was no finite method for this and above was achieved by just trying different stuff: press buttons, power on/off, remove battery, etc. (even possibly breaking the auto-off).

I also asked leica support and they said that it can't be officially done.

So I finally went with Swarovski as it was lighter, had the auto-off and the price difference was not significant.