Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge .22 RF

Jaxshooter

I am, a center hold on all targets gets me a good hit. I set up some plates at the different distances, painted them and check the POI for the different distances. With the 35 yard zero it is not far off at any distance in SC.

• 3 weeks later...

ZERO? AIM?

What the hell are you guys talking about? :roflol:

I usually zero my 22 at 18 yards.

The 10" middle plates on pendulum are at 18 yards. That way I can hold pretty much anywhere on those plates and hit them.

The long shots are at 35 and they are BIG plates I can hold toward the top and hit them with no problem.

Thats just me.

I can tell you this. If, no wait WHEN I miss it is not because of where the gun is zeroed. It is because the jerk jerking the trigger didn't use his sights and/or didn't follow thru.

My red dot is zero'd at 15 yards. Just shot a match last weekend - most shots were 20 yards or less. Some did reach out to 35 yards - just held top half of the plate.

Didn't miss any shots >15 yards. Problem was going too fast and trigger control, not having the scope zero'd at the wrong distance.

Edited by dbxdm9

• 1 year later...

I zero at 25 yds. MOD 41 with 5.5" barrel. No problems at closer or 35 to 40 yds. I shoot CCI std. velocity 40 grain lead roundnose. Red dot is a 7 moa Aimpoint Comp XD.

Edited by 40S&W

• 2 months later...

I zero at 25 yds. MOD 41 with 5.5" barrel. No problems at closer or 35 to 40 yds. I shoot CCI std. velocity 40 grain lead roundnose. Red dot is a 7 moa Aimpoint Comp XD.

25 yards on my Buckmark shooting CCI MM. Sometimes I have to adjust for our club matches due to using some pretty small targets at 15-20 yards plus for our bowling pin matches. In those cases I tweak the sights for about 15 yards but it is not a big adjustment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...