Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue/training gun with working trigger

sigfla

Does anyone out there make a blue/training gun with a working trigger? I personally would love to have a training gun that had a working mechanical trigger that I could use for dry fire practice. My biggest issue with dry fire practice using a 1911 is the lack of ability to manipulate the trigger for follow up shots. If we had a training gun (non airsoft - no gas to deal with) that allowed some hard trigger manipulation (maybe with a adjustable tension) I think it would make for a great training tool.

I know some would suggest airsoft but for me the light recoil and annoyance of using gas with of airsoft just doesn't mimic the real hard press I am doing when firing for real. Airsoft tends to promote a lighter more finessed trigger finger than the real world finger I use with live rounds. Firing for real I use much more force to manipulate the trigger on follow up shots resulting in a jerk, most likely due to the noise/recoil. I don't have the same problem with airsoft.

How about an inexpensive, electric (battery powered) airsoft pistol, and not bother with actually loading the pellets?

They're only about $30 and no doubt the trigger could be modified with springs to suit the need.

But, if it's noise and recoil causing the problem, the only cure is shooting your real gun more, with focus on recoil control.

Use better ear protection, too.

Noise does, indeed, cause flinching.

Just a thought or two....... or three.

Edited by g.willikers

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand it either Duane, but not everybody shoots Glocks.....

I find it difficult to understand too, but as sirveyr pointed out, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Glock for this trick to work. :)

buddy of mine bought a G34 and shoot production with it and his eyes were opened when i showed that trick to him. as for my and my SS gun, first pull dropps the hammer, then i just keep in pulling :)

Does anyone out there make a blue/training gun with a working trigger? I personally would love to have a training gun that had a working mechanical trigger that I could use for dry fire practice. My biggest issue with dry fire practice using a 1911 is the lack of ability to manipulate the trigger for follow up shots. If we had a training gun (non airsoft - no gas to deal with) that allowed some hard trigger manipulation (maybe with a adjustable tension) I think it would make for a great training tool.

I know some would suggest airsoft but for me the light recoil and annoyance of using gas with of airsoft just doesn't mimic the real hard press I am doing when firing for real. Airsoft tends to promote a lighter more finessed trigger finger than the real world finger I use with live rounds. Firing for real I use much more force to manipulate the trigger on follow up shots resulting in a jerk, most likely due to the noise/recoil. I don't have the same problem with airsoft.

Another option is to get the training plastic barrel, take out the real barrel and insert the training barrel and mark the gun accordingly. The come in blue, yellow and red. Then place colored tape on the front strap of the trigger guard. Make sure you show, and explain what has been done for safety reasons. Or you could just get simunition pistols.

• 2 months later...