Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just how big is Enosverse?

I am curious to see if this can work. My wife will be heading to Cali on the 13th of February, with my 7 year old son, to visit family. While there she would love to be able to shoot a USPSA match in her home state and with family there to see it all. The problem is that we do not want to hassle with shipping the gun and ammo.

So, here are my questions/favors for all of you in Benosland....is there anyone in the Sacramento area that knows of a shoot taking place on the 14th or 15th of February? Two, is anyone willing to loan her a Glock 34 for the day?

If any of this works out she will pay for the ammo and any other expense and will provide all the necessary holsters, eyes ears, etc for her match.(son's protection too)

Thanks in advance. If it works out this could be great. I figured this was the best place to try! :cheers:

Edited by Bigpops

I am curious to see if this can work. My wife will be heading to Cali on the 13th of February, with my 7 year old son, to visit family. While there she would love to be able to shoot a USPSA match in her home state and with family there to see it all. The problem is that we do not want to hassle with shipping the gun and ammo.

So, here are my questions/favors for all of you in Benosland....is there anyone in the Sacramento area that knows of a shoot taking place on the 14th or 15th of February? Two, is anyone willing to loan her a Glock 34 for the day?

If any of this works out she will pay for the ammo and any other expense and will provide all the necessary holsters, eyes ears, etc for her match.(son's protection too)

Thanks in advance. If it works out this could be great. I figured this was the best place to try! :cheers:

There are lots of generous folks here. So I bet if it can happen, it will happen :cheers:

For me, going to CA and checking the gun as baggage was very easy.

Shipping the ammo to myself at the hotel was a bit more of a pain. Next time, I'll just buy ammo when I get there.

I did lock the gun in a hard case and then put that in the rattiest, most average looking suitcase I have. Not much chance of that one getting looked at twice after TSA screening.

Funny thing is, that would seem like a ridiculous question anywhere else but here I'll bet it won't be a problem at all. I know if I were in a position to help anybody here with such a request I would not even think twice about helping. Good luck.

Juan - pm responded to.

Thanks for the info HLG. The problem is that she is dragging enough stuff around for a quick visit. She just doesn't want to deal with the gun and ammo issues. We have a friend that just lost a gun for a few weeks,,,we dont want that nor the headache.

If we lock in a Glock she will even bring her own mags as to keep yours clean! :rolleyes:

Careful about the mags...while digging around and asking on CalGuns.net I found out that I could not take hi-cap mages into CA. The only exemption was for hi-cap rifle mags if going directly to or from an organized "assult rifle" match. (I'm sure that is not exactly and precisely correct wording, but that was the gist of it)

UPDATE

Enosverse is HUUUUUGE! :surprise: I will give the thanks and details later but to say our shooting world/Enosworld are a great bunch of people...well, it's an understatement.

The Mrs has had several offers regarding guns, holsters, ammo etc. and will be shooting a match on the 14th of February. This all started as a passing conversation in which she thought it would be nice and I said "wouldn't it be crazy if". Well it's doable.

I will post later and give an update after her match.

For now, we will "pay it forward". If anyone ever needs equipment in the Maryland area please hit us up. This is pretty cool. :cheers:

Kevin,

Thank you very much for the offer. Truth is the Mrs has already pissed off her mom so two matches may push the welcome mat off the porch! :roflol: (read...that's why I am staying back to take care of the horses :surprise: )