Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 92fs Trigger Help

SRT Driver

Get a few "D" weight hammer springs from either Langdon or Beretta. Langdon's competition weight hammer springs work if you use Federal primers. I had lots of problems with the harder Winchester primers. I didn't like teh Wolf captive spring I thought it made the trigger msuhy. The Speed bumpt trigger is a wast of money and illegal in production class.

I have Ernie's Level 3 and I haven't had any misfires. Although I always use the soft Federals in matches (as he recommends), I've practiced with lots of Winchester without incident. You could always get the level I trigger job which is guarenteed to ignite anything (reasonable) and is still a vast improvement over stock.

I have Ernie's Level 3 and I haven't had any misfires. Although I always use the soft Federals in matches (as he recommends), I've practiced with lots of Winchester without incident.

4th'ing Langdons - It's smoother and lighter: DA was 12+, now 8 SA was 8 now 5 (or so). $85 well worth it. Worse was shipping costs (FedEx next day ~ $48) - but since Ernie's so far out, they didn't make the guarantee, and it was free :D

I got the Level II job on a 92 and a 96 (never got the Federal advice though) - and I only shoot Winchester primers becuase they, like me, are cheap - never a problem

Does anyone have any Beretta 92FS trigger tricks? Heard something about using a 1911 mainspring quite a while ago. Does this work?

The trigger is smooth, just heavy.

Thanks.

The D spring is the start. Greasing the sear/hammer interface is also important. The Beretta Forum has a posting about what surfaces to polish if you want to do it right. It's one of the easiest guns to do because all you have to do is "flat polish" two surfaces (sear face and hammer hook face). No grinding, filing, changing angles.

The Beretta Forum has a posting about what surfaces to polish if you want to do it right.

Please point me to this forum and or these articles.

Thanks!!

I posted a request over on the Beretta Forum to have them post the illustrated trigger job thread where we can all find it. Check back later and look in the Gunsmithing section, maybe it will be a sticky.

http://www.berettaforum.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

I have Ernie's Level 3 and I haven't had any misfires......It's smoother and lighter: DA was 12+, now 8 SA was 8 now 5 (or so).

8# DA is about right, I got mine down to about 7.5#. The SA pull on mine is 3# even. I'm not sure why yours would be 5#, you might want to measure it again. A simple two-piece polish and lube gets them down to about 3.8#, getting to 3# takes the finesse polishing.