Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Newbie from KY Introduction

Ray S

I am new to this side of shooting. I have been shooting SASS for the last couple of years. I plan to shoot the production class with my M&P 40.

I plan on starting with IDPA, and hopefully shoot USPSA as well. I have found an IDPA club, but no luck so far on a USPSA.

Ray, welcome. The great thing about shooting USPSA and/or IDPA after shooting SASS is that, after getting good at shooting guns that require you to cock a hammer, cycle a lever, pump a slide, or open up the gun and reload it every two rounds, you really appreciate just how much of the work modern guns do for you.

Ray, welcome. The great thing about shooting USPSA and/or IDPA after shooting SASS is that, after getting good at shooting guns that require you to cock a hammer, cycle a lever, pump a slide, or open up the gun and reload it every two rounds, you really appreciate just how much of the work modern guns do for you.

I think one of my big adjustments from sass will be not shooting Black Powder, and being able to see the targets.

I checked out the USPSA site, and found a couple in TN outside of Nashville that are actually closer than the ones I have found in KY.

The IDPA club I have found is only about 40 miles from my house, so that is where I am going to start.

We have a IDPA match, USPSA match, Steel challenge match, and SASS match monthly at bgsl. WWW.BGSLINC.COM

I will probably try and make it up there over the summer. It is a bit of a haul at 2 1/2 hours by mapquest.

We have a IDPA match, USPSA match, Steel challenge match, and SASS match monthly at bgsl. WWW.BGSLINC.COM

I will probably try and make it up there over the summer. It is a bit of a haul at 2 1/2 hours by mapquest.

Car pool with some friends. During the summer the USPSA matches will run twice, the steel runs twice and Lin puts on one hell of a IDPA match usually 6-7 stages!!

Hello Ray,

Are you a former Bluegrass Ranger?

I suspect you've located the Green River gun club in Bowling Green already, Here is some info that might help with other places to shoot

Yes I was a Bluegrass Ranger.

I did see on GRGC's website that they had a practical pistol match but no dates on it. Do you know if they are still doing it? I will probably be down at Green River for the March IDPA match.