Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Barrel Or Top End

turbocomp38s

Here's the scenario, I have an open gun with 3 ports on the slide (not hybrid).

two concerns in mind as follows:

1. last port near the mount is hitting the blast shield ( already moved the c-more .5 inch back) still hitting the blast shield.

2. gases coming from the last port is making the lens of the c-more blurred.

PLAN ONE: change the barrel only with no ports or two ports only (can I still use my old current slide and comp?)

PLAN TWO: change to whole top end

gun is very reliable and has 10k on it. fit of slide to frame is very good with almost no play

Any suggestions will be appreciated especially prof. gunsmiths. Thank you for your time and patience.

I was using a blast shield on my open gun for a while. It has three holes in the slide as well. The blast from the last hole on mine ate the blast shield up. My c-more was also getting blurred. I'd have to wipe it clean every other stage. I removed the blast shield and I am no longer having the problem with my scope getting dirty and after a few hundered rounds its still clear.

My commander length supercomp gun has a 3 port hybricomp barrel and the first port is right in front of the c-more. I tried a blast shield at first, but removed it pretty quick because it was directly over the first port and taking a lot of abuse.

It is not a big deal to wipe the scope off every stage. I just made it part of my post stage routine.

My c-more get trashed by comp blast as well with kidd blast shield. Just whipe it down after every stage. Before a match I'll use my silicone rag and whipe the lense. it makes the buildup come off eaiser.

I have heard a theroy that the blast shields can cause the comp blast to "curl over the top of the blast sheild and scope "

I'd go with changing the barrel only, your right, you won't have to change anything else. So your slide will have holes, who cares? If you have enough comp you probally won't see much difference in the way it shoots.

I have heard a theroy that the blast sheilds can cause the comp blast to "curl over the top of the blast sheild and scope "

Could be, especially with the flat shields. The Dawson blast shield on my minigun has a curved undersurface and one of the dirtiest spots on the slide is always back by the base of the blast shield where the blast comes off the curve on the base and hits the slide.

Just go with a new barrel and tell anyone noticing the holes that they are lightening cuts ;) Does anyone know how much it cost to get a new lens for a C more? I have been using reversed rake comps with no ports but my c-more lens still gets a dose of crud from all the blast coming out of my comps. josh