Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

different forum layout?

Team Amish 1

This wasn't an appearance change.....

This was a major software upgrade -- for security reasons....

Brian's working on functionality now, appearance will come a little later. There's little likelihood that we can go back to match the appearance of the last forum, but we may be able to improve on this...

One of the options of this new version is the ability to allow users to select their own 'skins' from a pre-defined list. As Nik stated, Brian is working his way through the major issues first, such as the missing PM's which may get fixed tonight, (you may have to logoff and back on tomorrow morning to pick them up).

Once all the major issues have been resolved then I am sure the tweaking will begin. You can find some details on the options available (if enabled) with this software at this link: ip.board

What happened to the look of the forum?

Anyone else see a difference?

I checked but could not find an explanation post yet.

Thread right below this one.

This is the third board I have seen go to this style in recent days.

I guess I can get used to it, but don't really see the point.

There really isn't an option not to upgrade, because the older version of the software is no longer supported. So it's a huge security compromise if we don't move forward. We'd have to at some point regardless. I a LOT of work into it to get us this far. I waited until IP released the 5th update for the new version (3) of the software before upgrading. And we may never know how much that helped during these transitional and troubling times. ;)

I've seen numerous posts regarding - it's not like we can just go back to the old version/look. It isn't possible. But what is possible is that I can keep improving what we have to work with.

Once I get a few functional issues ironed out, I'll work on improving the look and feel - getting rid of the excess white space many are complaining about, and get a little more contrast going overall.

be