Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

January Rifle match

Thanks for stepping in to fill this void Sam! I know you'll do a great job of putting it on and the shooter's will enjoy it.

For those of you that didn't get a chance to shoot the MS 3-gun, Sam et al puts on a GREAT one!

David

We've decided to do one. to make it easy for all.

Same rules, same scoring, same price, same no prizes. just come shoot.

5 stages from point blank range, out to maybe 300 yds.

More details very soon.

HOP

Forgive me but for those that don't know who you are, could you tell us where the match would be held?

We tend to do this a lot on these forums. Post stuff without some basics for those that don't know everyone or the new folks. I appreciate the follow up! =]

More info as promised:

ONE DAY MATCH

0-300 yds some steel and some paper, maybe a suprise target you haven't seen :devil:

Same scoring, Same rules, Same Divisions, Same entry fees

Club web site: http://www.crssa.com/

The club is between Iuka and Corinth Mississippi (Straight into Ms from Florence AL)

I'll need a few ROs, experience needed. You'll shoot with your squad and you won't be the only RO in the squad. Please contact me if interested.(PM here on the forums is fine) I might be a day or two getting back to you though.

No pre entry needed. Show up Saturday by 8:15, sign in we'll be shooting at 9:00 sharp.

Minimum of 100 rnds (we have steel and suprise targets so I'd bring more) ;)

Hop

Sam,

Plans made and hotel reserved. I'll see you on Saturday morning and I did convince my buddy in N. Carolina to give it a try.

Also, my Christmas gift must of gotten lost in the mail as I haven't received it yet. You can go ahead and get me something else and I'll pick it up at the range. And while you're getting it, go ahead and get yourself something.......something real nice. :roflol::P

Chad

Chad, Sounds good.

Christmas present was sent long ago, I'll try and track it down for you.

Now where is that box of used buffs ????? :roflol:

Looks like we'll have a good crowd. Hope we can be up to the Steel city standards.

Hop

UPDATE !!!!

We will HAVE 5 stages with no more than 20 rounds per stage if you choose the 1a route so bring you some ammo when you come !!!!

Weather !!!!!

We will shoot unless it is a Hurricane !!!! The weather man is actually calling for snow on Friday. So bring plenty of ammo, and some warm clothes. If there is a prone position we will have something for you to lay on to keep dryish !

I'd like to have a preliminary count of people coming so I can be ready for you. Please speak up, if you are gonna shoot or know someone who is gonna shoot !

Thanks, See you Saturday.

Hopalong

Had a phone call today from the Tupelo area, 13+ coming from there. !!! :)

We can handle 60 easy, don't really expect that many but come on out. THe latest Weather .com says rain on Friday, COLD on Saturday and Sunday and Rain on MONDAY !!!!!

Hop

Had a phone call today from the Tupelo area, 13+ coming from there. !!! :)

We can handle 60 easy, don't really expect that many but come on out. THe latest Weather .com says rain on Friday, COLD on Saturday and Sunday and Rain on MONDAY !!!!!

Hop

The Tupelo bunch is fun Sam, glad to hear they're coming. And yes, they usually do have a dozen or so.

Good luck with the match and with the weather!

You might consider that if there is a place where going prone is required that to be really fair you should just hog out that spot where it will hold water, then its the same for everyone, start to finish. I mean if it starts to dry out later in the day you can just add more water to keep it fair, right?

Now the latest weather says rain/sleet/ice on Friday.

Saturday will be COLD but clear as will SUNDAY

MAtch is STILL on, you look at your road conditions and decide.

Remember it is a 20 dollar match, with no trophies ect. so you make up your own mind at the time.

HOP

You might consider that if there is a place where going prone is required that to be really fair you should just hog out that spot where it will hold water, then its the same for everyone, start to finish. I mean if it starts to dry out later in the day you can just add more water to keep it fair, right?

Michael........you are evil.......fair........but very evil.

Cheryl and I have looked at this from every direction, and just can't make it.

michael

Latest weather update,

Rain here on Thursday PM and Friday. THen COLD..........VERY COLD.

ICE and Snow to be an hour or so NORTH into Tennessee.

USE your own Judgement on road conditions. I will not be very mad for somebody coming late Saturday, but please plan accordingly.

HOP

Latest weather update,

Rain here on Thursday PM and Friday. THen COLD..........VERY COLD.

ICE and Snow to be an hour or so NORTH into Tennessee.

USE your own Judgement on road conditions. I will not be very mad for somebody coming late Saturday, but please plan accordingly.

HOP

LATEST WEATHER, AS OF FRIDAY MORNING, 10AM CST:

Currently snowing, with more snow and ice on the way, and accumulations of snow & ice--instead of rain--are farther south (into Corinth) than expected. Please use your own judgement about the roads. The match is still on for the locals, but the roads will be bad.

Take care,

Elizabeth