Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS with CR Speed Versa Pouches

ManNamedJed

If you shoot a TS and use Versa pouches, what spacer do you use? None seem to work well. The Glock one won't let you tighten it enough, the 'CZ' one makes the pouch too short, the stock one lets them rattle back and forth.

I'm debating taking some material off the front of the CZ insert, but thought I'd check to see if anyone has and better solutions.

thanks!

The "CZ" insert is for small-frame CZs (like a standard 75B). The TS is a large-frame.

I believe the standard one - like that used for 2011 mags - is the one that works. However, you do need to crank down on the tension adjustment.

If I can find whereever I stashed the other inserts that I didn't use, I can let you know for sure which it is...

I added a big fender washer behind either the Glock or the STI spacer (I really don't remember which) and it was just right...

The STI one is the one without the 'shoulder' so even with a washer it wouldn't address the side-to-side issue. I think the Glock one has too much shoulder to allow it to fit. Maybe you used the Bar/CZ one?

Some amount of play is unavoidable - after all, you are using a mag pouch designed to fit a variety of mags; it's not as if you bought a pouch specifically for TS mags. When attempting to cater to such a wide variety, some compromise must be made.

If you have them tensioned down properly, though, they shouldn't be moving around of their own accord - that is, they shouldn't be rattling, but will still be able to move that 0.1" if you try to. And that tiny bit of possible movement isn't going to be negatively impacting your shooting.

I use the Glock spacer, and I haven't had any problems with losing mags or mags moving around too much. Some kind of an extra shim such as the Velcro or washer suggestd above might help though. I don't use one: I switch back and forth between a G35 and the TS without changing anything.

I put in the glock spacer with some fuzzy velcro. I think its about perfect! Holds the mags securely, yet not tight. They go in and out smoothly.

Thanks for the tips!

Now I'm ready to take on Limited!

Edited by ManNamedJed

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...