Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft. Leonard Wood MO

Ft. Leonard Wood might be a great place for a civilian to visit but 2 weeks in July was absolutely no fun in uniform. Come to think of it I haven't been back to Missouri since and I was born there.

RFE Forgot to mention that was 1957 so maybe it has improved.

Edited by LPatterson

COPS range mentioned above is the closest.

March 14th and April 18th NRA Action Pistol matches in Billings, MO. I shoot these matches. Billings is probably 1.5-1.75 hour drive southwest of Ft Wood. We shoot 3 stages. The mover, the plates and either the barricade or practical.

First Saturday of every month IDPA match at Bear Creek in Stockton, MO. Stockton is also probably 1.5 hour drive from Ft Wood.

PM me if you want directions or more info about either of these matches.

Edited by tkill12

Ft. Leonard Wood might be a great place for a civilian to visit but 2 weeks in July was absolutely no fun in uniform. Come to think of it I haven't been back to Missouri since and I was born there.

It didn't seem much better when I was there in "74"

My Daughter did her Basic Training there...2004....the weathers bad....I think the buildings are the same....but they do have a Wal Mart and Cracker Barrel in town now!

It didn't seem much better when I was there in "74"

It was no better in 91 when I was there! Frost in the morning and hot as h3ll in the afternoon!