Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which division do you find the most fun?

Pro2AInPA

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything Ironsight. I love Production - have been enjoying the deep pool of limited shooters - the challenge and beauty of Single Stack. I just havn't yet wanted to get into video gaming of following the bouncing dot. I don't have a favorite as of yet...

This requires a subjective vs objective application of the word fun. I had fun at a steel match even though my open gun was running haphazardly and I replaced it after the second stage with my limited gun. For pure fun it is Revolver division because of the need to analyze a stage to pick the best reload points for your shooting strength.

Absolute fun is leaving an airplane at 12,000' float and play for 60 second and have your parachute open properly by 1000'.

Another shooter and I had this discussion this weekend. He has shot most divisions at one time or another, but for the past couple years, he has been a solid Limited (Glock) shooter. But his eyes were beginning to make iron sights an issue, so this year he switched to a 2011 Open gun. He shot well enough this weekend but knows that he is going to finish further down the ladder than he was used to in Limited because the people he is shooting against are generally the better shooters.

What the discussion lead to was the idea that how well you shoot against others often influences the decision of which division to shoot rather than which division you actually enjoy more. He shot Limited better, but found it more "work" than Open because of the sights. So, he enjoys Open more even though he is not doing as well as he was before.

I'm shooting Limited this year rather than Production, in part, because I find it a bit more relaxing not having to worry about mag changes as much. But the level of competition in Limited is a lot stiffer than it was in Production so it certainly isn't any easier from that point of view.

So, fun does not necessarily equate to how well you are doing, at least for some people.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess it's time for a follow up. I've been having an absolute blast in limited and improving my shooting with each match. My initial classiciation should be a solid B.

Starting in June (after the VAMD section match this month) I'm going to start shooting single stack for a while.

I've shot all Division. Though I've only shot iron sights for Open. I mainly shoot Limited.

However, for pure fun the revolver is the best. Partly because it is harder and different from everyone else. But, it's just as fun to shoot in Icore where there are no automatics. A revo is just a hoot. And like has been said, there is a great feeling you get every once in a while when you really burn a stage down. Not often but when it happens it is great.

Chris

I've shot mostly Limited and Production. Maybe one match of SS and one match of L10. I prefer Production because I like to reload and because the guns never give me trouble. I shoot Limited mainly, however, because most other folks do and it is fun to compete.

My eyes are fading so I may have to switch to Open.

Ken N.