Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hat Cams

MAKE READY

I spent some time looking at all the new cams you guys are using. There are some great cams. I like the idea of the glasses I posted. I sent the Company an email asking about the effects of perspiration on the unit electronics but didn't get a response yet. I know on those hot 90degree or higher shooting matches the sweat will be pouring. I guess one option would be just putting the glasses on for the stage then wearing other glasses the rest of the time.

I do alot of hunting so I don't want the POV type cams. It wouldn't be very practical for wearing in field all day or in the thickets.

Flyin

Eventually, I will need to get that version... That is 1.4, right?

thanks,

Allen

Yup, just go to the website and download the 1.4 upgrade.

Just a heads up, I am also running a larger memory card. For some reason, in order to flash your firmware you need to do so on a card no larger than 2gb.

Edited by Aristotle

3rd person will always rock, however I am looking forward being able to see what I didn't remember from the match while I was shooting. I try not to think at all while I am shooting and the problem that I have run in to is that once I am done shooting and look at my score, I am now concerned with the next stage. By the time I get home and night and try to think about what I did during the day, well that memory stick has been erased, LOL

:roflol: You linked my video

LOL Actually, he didn't link your video, he just didn't put the correct link, he copied his browser "http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhw4" and not the actual link. When you copy your browser, it goes to "your" video's. I did the same thing before I realized what he did.

:lol: Didn't realize it did that.

3rd person will always rock, however I am looking forward being able to see what I didn't remember from the match while I was shooting. I try not to think at all while I am shooting and the problem that I have run in to is that once I am done shooting and look at my score, I am now concerned with the next stage. By the time I get home and night and try to think about what I did during the day, well that memory stick has been erased, LOL

Hat cams are fun to watch, I can watch a ton video from hat cams and not get bored.

I can still remember all the stages from my last match, the Ipsc nationals. That was back on October 4th of last yr. I can still remember the 2008 Summer Blast also, every stage. When I first started I couldn't remember the match I just shot later in the day. I have never really thought about it much but I never realized how well I can remember my matches until I read your post. Man, now I have something to think about, figure out what has changed.

Flyin

\

Flyin, it must be your cache because that link goes straight to my video on YouTube. The first two or three videos are picture in picture. I agree the third person video shows the movements you're making and what you can do to improve but the hat cam shows the things you'll never see in the third person.

Terry

Terry, what you have done is linked to the generic youtube link that goes into the list of videos for you. By "you" i mean whoever is logged into youtube on the computer that they click the link on.

The same link is in your signature. If anyone clicks your link, it goes to the videos on youtube in which they have an account on their computer.

It sounds confusing and I don't know if I'm explaining it right.

In order to get the link that you want, go to one of your videos and then click on your username in the description on the top right and then copy that link. For example, to get to my videos, my link is http://www.youtube.com/user/spankaveli The correct link that you want to use is that but replace "spankaveli" with your youtube username.

I don't know. It's helped me. I can watch my reloads and any gun failure in slow motion and it's amazing the things you can see. Yes the third person is good but they go together. I have a ContourHD. The entire unit is mounted on the band just above my right ear muff. No wires or cables to get tangled in or caught on a prop. One slide switch turns it on and it gives a beep so you don't even have to look at it. That same slider turns it off, it gives two beeps, you know it's off. Total weight 4oz. I can not tell that I have it on.

You can see some video here: Click Here

Terry

Terry,

Your link only seems to go to YouTube, not the particular videos.

I don't know. It's helped me. I can watch my reloads and any gun failure in slow motion and it's amazing the things you can see. Yes the third person is good but they go together. I have a ContourHD. The entire unit is mounted on the band just above my right ear muff. No wires or cables to get tangled in or caught on a prop. One slide switch turns it on and it gives a beep so you don't even have to look at it. That same slider turns it off, it gives two beeps, you know it's off. Total weight 4oz. I can not tell that I have it on.

You can see some video here: Click Here

Terry

Terry,

Your link only seems to go to YouTube, not the particular videos.

This is the link Terry was trying to link to Terry's Youtube Videos

go easy on him, he's getting old :roflol:

Edited by JorDanO