Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Finally Did It!

Fireant

I picked up my new (to me) Edge today and put about 200 rounds through it. OH MY GOD! :o That's how a trigger should feel? Now I wonder why someone at a local club didn't put one in my hand to shoot a year ago instead of just look and say "oh you have a Glock" then snicker. Now the questions will be coming. Like how many thousand times will I have to practice drawing and flicking the thumb safety off so I won't look all surprised in a match when nothing happens when I pull the trigger? :wacko: Is there a web page with a picture of a dissassembled edge that has all the parts labled?

Thanks

didnt you get the manual? they have evrything in there labeled..i just had my edge a few months ago and i know the feeling... wheew... :wub: what a difference over my glock 35 ... congrats on the new edge and keep on shooting it till its hot... :D

You gents need to learn how to work on a Glock trigger (not difficult to do). I shoot a G23 with KKM barrel in IDPA/USPSA while my 8 1911s (including a SVI Infinity 40SW) gather dust.

Why, you ask; because for the last 1 1/2 years and 20K rounds I haven't had one malfunction of any kind.

The trigger on the G isn't as good as the 1911s but it's very close.

If your interested here's what I do:

I polished thru the plating to get really smooth surfaces. Install a lighter striker spring and a heavier trigger spring. Polish the cruciform sear (do not change the angle or round the sharp upper edge), under the cruciform where it contacts the connector, the connector, the firing pin safety (clip off 2 coils of the firing pin safety spring) and polish the trigger bar where it contacts the firing pin safety, polish the part of the cruciform that is the drop safety. Grind the striker arm on the left side at a 45 degree angle and polish the striker where it contacts the cruciform sear. Polish the striker at the back flats and in the front where it will make contact with the channel liner.

See:

<http://www.sportshooter.com/gssf/dalerhea_dremeling.htm>

Scroll to Trigger Group then Modifying the Srtiker.

PS: I've tuned all of my 1911's trigger to 2 lbs.

Like how many thousand times will I have to practice drawing and flicking the thumb safety off so I won't look all surprised in a match when nothing happens when I pull the trigger?

According to exercise physiologists, it requires from 3,000 to 5,000 correct repetitions of a particular movement before it becomes an unconscious reaction. I'd suggest adopting the "IPSC grip" with straight thumbs. One of the very nice things about this technique is that it rides the master hand thumb on top of the thumb safety so there's no danger of forgetting to flip it off. The safety simply comes off when the two hands meet, with no need for a separate, conscious movement on the shooter's part.