Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 625 - 4" or 5"

Merlin Orr

I almost always say 5". But if you're going to shoot IDPA with it, you can't use a barrel longer than 4".

I think my IDPA club would allow me to play with a 5" gun but... I catch enough grief from my IDPA buds already for my shenanigans.... :devil: I hate to give them even more ammo. :closedeyes:

I like a 5" gun better but we have 2 IDPA matches a month and only 1 ICORE every other month...

i'd get the 5 inch gun and just put a orange plastic sleeve about 1 inch long on the end of the BBL whenever you shot IDPA...

just kidding...if you are shooting that much IDPA,save yourself the grief and get the 4 inch..

M 4 inch 625 used to be a 5 inch. Switched it because the best matches in my area are IDPA. It does feel different at 4 inches but not enough to make any real difference in how it performs.

Boats

Go 4", but to keep the IDPA rule people crazy, put an oversized cylinder release on or use "illegal" moonclip holders

Just get a 5" gun and paint the last 1" of barrel black so it looks like a 4". IDPA shooters won't notice.

Go 4", but to keep the IDPA rule people crazy, put an oversized cylinder release on or use "illegal" moonclip holders

LOL.... Now John... Don't start none and there won't be none.... :devil:

New thread coming on the best IDPA LEGAL moonclip holders...

• 2 weeks later...

LOL.... Now John... Don't start none and there won't be none.... :devil:

New thread coming on the best IDPA LEGAL moonclip holders...

Go with the 5" so you won't be tempted to shoot IDPA.