Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What can I compete in with a G17L?

gohard

Hello All,

I have been offered a deal on a G17L, but I am told it will not fit in the 'box' for production competitions. What disciplines is it legal for? Should I just spend more and get a G34? Someone said a G35 will accept other barrels to swap calibers.... any truth to this and should it be avoided?

Thanks in advance for helping a noob.

-AC

Hello All,

I have been offered a deal on a G17L, but I am told it will not fit in the 'box' for production competitions. What disciplines is it legal for? Should I just spend more and get a G34? Someone said a G35 will accept other barrels to swap calibers.... any truth to this and should it be avoided?

-AC

If you plan on shooting USPSA Production, the G17L isn't Production-legal...but neither is a G35 with a caliber-changing barrel. The G34 is definitely your best bet for Production.

Curtis

Hello All,

-AC

Not sure whether the 17L will fit the box or not, but bear in mind if you buy a G35 and want to shoot in production, you will have to stay with .40. You can buy conversion barrels but can not change calibers and remain production legal.

Hello All,

-AC

If you like the pistol for what it is, shoot it anyway. :cheers: I believe you will be in Limited / Minor

I use a G35 in Limited with .40 and with 9mm barrel conversion (cost savings, Limited/Minor)

You can shoot a G22 or G35 minor in Production and major in Limited.

You can shoot a G17 or G34 minor in Production and Limited.

You can shoot a G17L minor in Limited.

To my mind, the first option is the most flexible choice.

The first option is the most flexible IF you reload. If you want to shoot factory ammo, go for the G34.