Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fitting TacSol .22 to long frame

rtr

I seem to recall a post saying that if one wants to fit a TacSol .22 conversion to a full length dustcover S_I frame that the upper has to be modified. Can anyone tell me what has to be done to it? thanks.

I seem to recall a post saying that if one wants to fit a TacSol .22 conversion to a full length dustcover S_I frame that the upper has to be modified. Can anyone tell me what has to be done to it? thanks.

You need to quit peeking inside Christmas presents....

No worries. Per B.J. Norris, who knows a little about them.... ;)

make sure that your slide to frame fit is loose, not snug or tight, and you may need to tweak your ejector on the kit if it is going on a frame with a 9mm/40 style ejector. It is designed for a .45 style ejector to drop on the frame.

Enjoy the kit!

DougC

I put mine on a Benny Hill built Caspian SS in .40 and it just slid right on, no tweaks, just lube it and shoot it. 2000 or so rds now without a bobble. It also slides on my STI .40 without issue but I havent shot it, no mags.---------------Larry

4217462916_ed76158641.jpg

The reason I asked this question is that I was heading out of town for the holidays and had a sneaking suspicion I might receive this, wanted to be able to put it on a frame when I got it. But I assumed it used its own special slide stop like a Marvel so I didn't bring one of those, thus the picture. Anyways it is very cool, can't wait to shoot it. Thanks to Tom Freeman for facilitating the purchase for my wife.

Is that a threaded barrel version? It looks like you wouldn't be able to attach a 22 suppressor to it.

Yes it is threaded, and yes after looking at it it appears the the front of the frame may get in the way of attaching a suppressor. I'll have to borrow a can and fine out if it works or not.